• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finance Bill 2019-20 draft legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finance Bill 2019-20 draft legislation

Here you go, folks:

Finance Bill 2019-20: government publishes draft legislation - GOV.UK

( Although their internal links are broken as of 12:40 UTC )

Comment

Still not working

Comment

A forewarning of the quality of the legislation?

Comment

Finance Bill 2019-20: Draft legislation and measures with immediate effect:Written statement - HCWS1713 - UK Parliament

Comment

Oh, great, so governments approach to 'fix' blanket determinations wth the client is to make them apply a resolution 'discussion' if you so wish.

What a load of idiots.

Comment

Interesting:

The draft legislation also includes provisions to ensure that all parties in the labour supply chain are aware of the organisation’s decision and the reasons for that decision, and will introduce a statutory, client-led status disagreement process to allow individuals and fee-payers to challenge the organisation’s determinations.
              Will need to scrutinize that.

The actual links are working now, I see:

Finance Bill 2019-20 - GOV.UK

Notably:

Rules for off-payroll working from April 2020 - GOV.UK

Comment

Reading through some of the overview blurb to begin with:

Operative date
                This measure will have effect for contracts entered into, or payments made, on or after 6 April 2020.
                Same as the PS rollout then: the decision point will come way before April 2020 because liability arises on the basis of payments made.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                  Interesting:

Will need to scrutinize that.

The actual links are working now, I see:

Finance Bill 2019-20 - GOV.UK

Notably:

Rules for off-payroll working from April 2020 - GOV.UK
                  yes, the word "statutory" is significant. I can't see the clients wanting to get involved in that.

Comment

constantly refers to 'medium' and 'large' organisations. I'm not seeing any definitions of these or 'small', unless I'm missing them?

Comment

Working...
                    X