• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS, contractors and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking to a couple of friends who are with RBS and they've been told no contracts will be extended past the end of February at the time being (which has been the case for some time). Obviously the new regulations come in from April, but they're starting to wonder if the bank are going to try and get them to take March off to save a wedge of cash (real reason) and to allow time for all the paperwork to be sorted out (bull$hit reason).

Has anybody heard anything about this or is it just a rumour at the moment?

Comment

They are doing your friends a favour. Payments must be received by 5th April.

Chap I work with is friends with a director at HSBC. They want all the contractors out. They will offshore most, get in a few permies for the rest. General feeling is they are divas.

Comment

Originally posted by ascender View Post
        Talking to a couple of friends who are with RBS and they've been told no contracts will be extended past the end of February at the time being (which has been the case for some time). Obviously the new regulations come in from April, but they're starting to wonder if the bank are going to try and get them to take March off to save a wedge of cash (real reason) and to allow time for all the paperwork to be sorted out (bull$hit reason).

Has anybody heard anything about this or is it just a rumour at the moment?
        Just a rumour. The ones I know have been extended to Feb 28th. To be extended beyond that, they have to either go agency PAYE, or choose an Umbrella from the agency PSL, with the decision provided to the agency by the middle of February (though I’ve also heard it must be done my middle of January)
        Last edited by Paralytic; 17 December 2019, 22:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          Just a rumour. The ones I know have been extended to Feb 28th. To be extended beyond that, they have to either go agency PAYE, or choose an Umbrella from the agency PSL, with the decision provided to the agency by the middle of February (though I’ve also heard it must be done my middle of January)
          Thanks for clarifying. Rumour was my first reaction as when I've been there in the past its been rife for the silliest little thing getting spread around amongst contractors as it it was the gospel truth. Worse than a bunch of gossipy women.

Comment

Working...
          X