• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking inside IR35 PS role

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that HMRC have stated that if you work inside IR35, (in the PS) then they're gonna come after you for some back tax.

Do you really want to faff about with a Brolly?

Walk. The. F**k. Away.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
      The fact that HMRC have stated that if you work inside IR35, (in the PS) then they're gonna come after you for some back tax.
      Link?
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Link?
        If I recall it was on here, let me see if I can find it.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          So whats the best approach if you've already got a limited company?

Since there are no expenses is it better to just go umbrella or something like paystream?

I guess you'd still need to keep paying things like accountants, ipse membership, insurance though. But you'd have no money coming into the limited for this?

Is that right?
          In the nicest possible way, you have been operating 'borderline' 'it is what it is' IR35 on your BAU work for ages. Take this opportunity to close down the Ltd and work through an umbrella. You should be pretty safe then.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Why not have a look at the FAQ and see what that says?
            Speaking of FAQs, FAQQer, could you put together an FAQ for public sector IR35?

Comment

IR35 inspectors to probe public PSCs retrospectively :: Contractor UK

Source is QDos, so not guaranteed they will come after you but I'd certainly put my mortgage on Hector trying it on.

qh

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                IR35 inspectors to probe public PSCs retrospectively :: Contractor UK

Source is QDos, so not guaranteed they will come after you but I'd certainly put my mortgage on Hector trying it on.

qh
                As what Eek predicted....
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  As what Eek predicted....
                  And yours truly
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
                    And yours truly
                    correct DS you did, but you're not one of Eeks little minions which is why you were not mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Semtex View Post
                      correct DS you did, but you're not one of Eeks little minions which is why you were not mentioned
                      Heres hoping all the many newcomers will contribute as much and pick up the slack.

I won't hold my breath
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X