• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starting contract after 6th April

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by koopa View Post
    Thanks Mudskipper - that's really helpful. I've since clarified and the client has confirmed that they consider the contract to be outside IR35 so happy days!

And as it seems with Polagon's contract, CL1 does not necessarily equate to inside IR35, but perhaps only strongly suggests it.
    So I talked with a colleague who has been at the client for a few months, and apparently it looked like for a while that hers (and if so probably my) role would fall inside. And then some of the information from the client/HMRC got revised and it's now then outside. So yeah thanks for that. But from the sound of it, it has been far from a clear decision until now.

Comment

Originally posted by polagon View Post
      So I talked with a colleague who has been at the client for a few months, and apparently it looked like for a while that hers (and if so probably my) role would fall inside. And then some of the information from the client/HMRC got revised and it's now then outside. So yeah thanks for that. But from the sound of it, it has been far from a clear decision until now.
      It's been far from clear all over as new titbits of news filter through that potentially changed previous thinking. If you're at a client already and outside and QDOS have reviewed your contract as outside, I'd have a chat with the client about exercising reasonable care if they're declaring blanket inside.

I'd like to think that each new role can, in isolation, have that reasonable care exercised on it but that remains to be seen.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        It's been far from clear all over as new titbits of news filter through that potentially changed previous thinking. If you're at a client already and outside and QDOS have reviewed your contract as outside, I'd have a chat with the client about exercising reasonable care if they're declaring blanket inside.

I'd like to think that each new role can, in isolation, have that reasonable care exercised on it but that remains to be seen.
        OK, thanks for the tips. Could you perhaps go quickly into this with reasonable care. And if there's any leverage to be used/rights to get this exercised on our... contracts?

Comment

Originally posted by polagon View Post
          OK, thanks for the tips. Could you perhaps go quickly into this with reasonable care. And if there's any leverage to be used/rights to get this exercised on our... contracts?
          The PSBs have a duty of reasonable care to ensure that the correct determination is reached - your individual contract must be declared inside or outside IR35; a blanket inside declaration is not reasonable care. If you're through an agency, get one of the senior agency guys to speak to the PSB about IR35 and what it means (assuming they know about it) to be inside vs outside. It's cheaper to the PSB if you're outside.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

@koopa Can I ask you if you get the confimation of it as outside IR35 from Capita or DWP?

I have been offered a contract which I havent signed it yet as I am reviewing it with QDOS and gathering more information. And also need to get the written confirmation of IR35

The contract is between my limited company and agency , then between Capita and the agency. My contract is CL1 and mentions Capita as endclient and DWP as end client's customer.
            Last edited by kav k; 14 April 2017, 16:57.

Comment

I have read some previous discussions on this forum that suggest most/all capita/cl1 are likely to be inside as they are 'manpower substitution'. Some clients such as MoD/Capita have got around 'reasonable care' by just ending all contracts on 31 mar and requiring all new contracts to be via an umbrella - effectively inside.

Other clients on the same cl1 type contracts seem to have taken a different view.... does your head in doesnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by kav k View Post
                @koopa Can I ask you if you get the confimation of it as outside IR35 from Capita or DWP?

I have been offered a contract which I havent signed it yet as I am reviewing it with QDOS and gathering more information. And also need to get the written confirmation of IR35

The contract is between my limited company and agency , then between Capita and the agency. My contract is CL1 and mentions Capita as endclient and DWP as end client's customer.
                Hi Kav - My contract was confirmed outside by DWP. The agency also confirmed by virtue of the fact that the contract mentions it being outside scope of IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by koopa View Post
                  virtue of the fact that the contract mentions it being outside scope of IR35.
                  Then I guess it must be. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by paulb567 View Post
                    Then I guess it must be. Lol.
                    Not sure if joke or... :s

Comment

Working...
                    X