• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency requiring use of the Number Mill prior to April for PS Client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Reading that page they simply seem to be offering a PAYE payroll solution for agencies that don't want to have to run it for themselves. It doesn't appear to say anything about how it would benefit the contractor involved or provide any form of insurance or protection from IR35 beyond the fact that you;d be paying full PAYE and NI and thus treated as firmly inside IR35.

Personally, I'd walk away and tell the PS client it's because of the IR 35 changes and the forced use of this "service" by the agency.
    It's not quite clear (to me!) exactly what they are offering - they do all sorts of things with PROTECT, looking at the bottom of the sidebar.

Not knowing what it is, and faced with an additional cost that I didn't want, if there was a viable option elsewhere then I'd walk away as soon as possible.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. But Gandhi never had to deal with HMRC

Comment

If anyone still wants to know the answers to these questions about Protect, let me know and I'll do a quick write-up. Don't want to bring a 3 month dead-thread back to life unless people are actually interested.

Rob@Numbermill

P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Hallett;

Think Numbermill was setup by Louise Rayner, who is both ex-Spring, ex-JSA and very credible.

Thanks Andy, she'll be chuffed to hear this.

Comment

Working...
      X