• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MoD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    If they were REALLY sensible they would now bin their dead wood, drop their rates to somewhere less than normal but just above PAYE and just pick the cream of the crop from the other agencies.
    Don't give them ideas.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Bit of a turn around from the events at the UKHO (MoD agency) which issued a blanket decree that all contractors were inside and say most of the subsequently leave.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Bit of a turn around from the events at the UKHO (MoD agency) which issued a blanket decree that all contractors were inside and say most of the subsequently leave.
        I thought UKHO went to BIS at the same time at the Met Office?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          If they were REALLY sensible they would now bin their dead wood, drop their rates to somewhere less than normal but just above PAYE and just pick the cream of the crop from the other agencies.
          Dont be silly. The ones you might perceive as dead wood are doing what the MoD need out of them. Its the pups that run in and scream Im here to change the world next week that are the problem. Most of the guys that I have seen fail miserably recently have all been really good at their job from a normal point of view but completely unable to cope with the long drawn out time scales of delivering something to a procurement route.

it drives them stupid then they offend people then they leave...

Comment

Interesting, as the MoD was one of the departments that was fined for non compliance, so you'd expect them to be extra risk adverse.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/s...ctor-published

Comment

Originally posted by teapot418 View Post
              Interesting, as the MoD was one of the departments that was fined for non compliance, so you'd expect them to be extra risk adverse.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/s...ctor-published
              Why? Being non-compliant and keeping your resources on site is massively cheaper than a tank or fighter jet...

Its almost a no brainer. Im surprised more departments have not figured it out

Comment

Originally posted by AptoAccounting View Post
                Today the MoD communicated with its 'off-payroll appointees' regarding IR35 changes for the public sector. Whilst not explicit, the letter seems to imply that a contract review will be enough to satisfy them of employment status. Ideally a HMRC contract review or, alternatively, one from a 'competent person'.

Very different line from the TfL saga.

Is it beyond the public sector to have a coordinated response?
                Interesting and sensible approach maybe. Not sure if thats what HMRC are hoping though.

Of course, you'll still get those who dont even bother getting their contract reviewed but if its just a case of getting a QDOS review up front then a lot of people will be safe.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Just the start I'm guessing .

What a lovely clusterfeck, as predicted, this is turning out to be.

Really is turning out much better than expected..

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

IR35 letter

I am not quite so sure of the optimism. The letter actually states that one of the evidence criteria is:

A contract review showing that you are outside the IR35 intermediaries legislaton and would not be deemed an employee if you had a contract directly with the MOD rather than through an intermediary. An HMRC Contract Review is preferred, but one from a competent person or organisation is acceptable (eg a tax accountant or advisor in a reputable company). ......

So far so good?....now the sting....

Please note that it is unlikely that we would consider a Contract Review to be be adequate assurance where your placement in the MOD is effectively "manpower substitution" (eg you have been provided under the Ccrown Commercial Service Contract Labour One framworks). Ie through Capita!

The threat is the same as the Hydrographic office.... instant contract termination and HMRC notificaton.

Comment

Originally posted by AptoAccounting View Post
                      Today the MoD communicated with its 'off-payroll appointees' regarding IR35 changes for the public sector. Whilst not explicit, the letter seems to imply that a contract review will be enough to satisfy them of employment status. Ideally a HMRC contract review or, alternatively, one from a 'competent person'.

Very different line from the TfL saga.

Is it beyond the public sector to have a coordinated response?
                      Are you sure that it is about the IR35 reform and not just the annual standard off-payroll tax assurance audit?

Comment

Working...
                      X