• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through Kinsella Solutions Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clock is ticking

Having received the 'Settlement Opportunity' back in July, and with the 9th January deadline looming, I'd be interested in joining any group that may exist to fight any potential case, and to share information.

Admin, could you set me up to PM?

btw, my involvement with Kinsella ceased in early 2007. Does anyone know if the >6 year time frame affects my position?
    Last edited by FuturePast; 5 January 2015, 10:02. Reason: Corrected a date

Comment

Originally posted by FuturePast View Post
      Having received the 'Settlement Opportunity' back in July, and with the 9th January deadline looming, I'd be interested in joining any group that may exist to fight any potential case, and to share information.

Admin, could you set me up to PM?

btw, my involvement with Kinsella ceased in early 2007. Does anyone know if the >6 year time frame affects my position?
      You now have until 30th June 2015. See
      settlement-opportunity-extended-until-30-june-2015

No harm in registering now. Helps you determine your loan amounts.

And obviously interest is still ticking away.

Comment

Kinsella/Keypay and CLSO

Originally posted by Erhaab View Post
        I'm in touch with a number of ex Kinsella / Keypay users. We're all using the same representation. If there are any other ex users who want to share information or discuss representation please feel free to PM me.
        As an ex-Kinsella/Keypay user, a while ago I received a generic CLSO letter without any enquiry reference or even tax years mentioned. Upon correspondence with HMRC, they confirmed a tax year and named Kinsella / Keypay. Since then I have been reading up on various articles and posts, to try and get a perspective that takes in all the pros & cons of the apparent 'Settlement Opportunity', without being entirely sure just who the opportunity is intended to benefit, or whether indeed it is as 'final' as HMRC makes out (particularly if IHT is to be factored in).

I would be interested in talking with other ex-Kinsella/Keypay folks.

Moderator, please can I have PM rights?

Comment

Decision Time

I was also with Kinsella, for tax year 2006-2007. I queried the amount that HMRC wanted settled and their calculation was over 3 times more than was actually paid in discretionary loan payments. I've heard that Mike J Kerridge has a group of Kinsella/Kepay users and MJK are sending technical letters to HMRC challenging the CLSO letters.

Has anyone else approached MJK, or another "fighting fund"/tax counsel to discuss the position? MJK were not part of the scheme, but were consulted in the setup of Kinsella's structure as far as I'm aware, so should know the ins and outs well. Are most looking to fight or take up the settlement opportunity?

I'd be interested in having PM access if possible please.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Granty90 View Post
            I was also with Kinsella, for tax year 2006-2007. I queried the amount that HMRC wanted settled and their calculation was over 3 times more than was actually paid in discretionary loan payments. I've heard that Mike J Kerridge has a group of Kinsella/Kepay users and MJK are sending technical letters to HMRC challenging the CLSO letters.

Has anyone else approached MJK, or another "fighting fund"/tax counsel to discuss the position? MJK were not part of the scheme, but were consulted in the setup of Kinsella's structure as far as I'm aware, so should know the ins and outs well. Are most looking to fight or take up the settlement opportunity?

I'd be interested in having PM access if possible please.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
            PM access granted.

Comment

Ongoing

I am fighting it via MJK along with plenty of others, still waiting for a further update currently. Presume there is no progress in discussions with HMRC. I have never received a settlement opportunity.

Comment

There's plenty of ex Choice Premier people engaged with MJK in a similar situation, waiting for updates. He must be representing a very big pool of people across a couple of schemes.

Comment

I've received a letter too

Hi all, I have received a letter too re Kinsella from HMRC relating to 2006-2007 tax year. It was a settlement letter sent on 25th August and they want an answer by 30th September giving me just one month to decide what to do.

HMRC have stated that they have estimated the amount of the loans, and they have gone and estimated more than I actually earned in this financial year via Kinsella (I didn't work for Kinsella until October 2006)

I have emailed M J Kerridge & Co and will see if I get a response.

I'm interested to know how other people are doing with their investigations please? What did you guys who had up to 30th June to pay end up doing?

ADMIN - Can I please have PM ability to message others who might have some further details around this issue, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by howmuchtax View Post
                    Hi all, I have received a letter too re Kinsella from HMRC relating to 2006-2007 tax year. It was a settlement letter sent on 25th August and they want an answer by 30th September giving me just one month to decide what to do.

HMRC have stated that they have estimated the amount of the loans, and they have gone and estimated more than I actually earned in this financial year via Kinsella (I didn't work for Kinsella until October 2006)

I have emailed M J Kerridge & Co and will see if I get a response.

I'm interested to know how other people are doing with their investigations please? What did you guys who had up to 30th June to pay end up doing?

ADMIN - Can I please have PM ability to message others who might have some further details around this issue, thanks.
                    Account upgraded, you should now have PM access.

Comment

Letter Received

Hi all, I have received a letter too re Kinsella from HMRC relating to 2006-2007 tax year. It was a settlement letter written on 10th September but I only received it on 19th September and they want an answer by 30th September giving me just 10 days to decide what to do. Is this allowable ? Clearly doesn't give me time to think.

HMRC have stated that they have estimated the amount of the loans and charged me interest accordingly.

I'm also interested to know how other people are doing with their investigations please?

tried to contact Mike Kerridge but his phones just go to voicemail.

Any advise welcome

Comment

Working...
                      X