• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay now argue later ok !

HMRC vindicated over Accelerated Payment Notices :: Contractor UK

Comment

The money should'nt appear in their accounts as collected, it isn't theirs until they win the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
        The money should'nt appear in their accounts as collected, it isn't theirs until they win the case.
        Didn't you get the memo? You are guilty by default! they have nothing to win.
        Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
          Didn't you get the memo? You are guilty by default! they have nothing to win.
          Even if I didn't get the memo I'm sure HMRC could produce the one they "sent" 8 years ago

Comment

How to get BIK Removed

Originally posted by gettingangry View Post
            The answer is NO. The BIK is due to the loans. If they say they are not loans there can be no BIK.

I had one APN figure reduced because the APN dept realised it was an error. Although they didn't bother on 2 other APNs - which just about sums up the incompetence of these people. However, the Settlement dept re-issued figures still including the BIK - called them to get it removed - but they are even more incompetent and struggled to understand the issue. Waiting for a reply.

If the general consensus is that loan BIK should not be included in the APN calculations, what advice is their regarding getting it removed ? Appeal to HMRC, quick phone call ? How accommodating are they about

1. understanding what it actually is
            2. removing it ?

Comment

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
              If the general consensus is that loan BIK should not be included in the APN calculations, what advice is their regarding getting it removed ? Appeal to HMRC, quick phone call ? How accommodating are they about

1. understanding what it actually is
              2. removing it ?
              I'm appealing this with HMRC and a decision will be made in Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by bstar1 View Post
                I'm appealing this with HMRC and a decision will be made in Oct.
                How are you appealing ? Letter sent to APN team detailing the incorrect inclusion in their calculations ?

Comment

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
                  How are you appealing ? Letter sent to APN team detailing the incorrect inclusion in their calculations ?
                  yes

Comment

Come on I urge everyone to submit a Data Protection request.

https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/shortforms/form/DPU_SAR

Check you get a email confirmation

Comment

Edge - does anyone have a copy of the trust deed?

Hi,

I used the Edge scheme and I am in the process of trying to get my accountant to sort everything out. He has asked the following:

"I say again it is vital that we find out what the trust is and you should have documents which could help here either the trust deed itself or some promotional material at the time it was all created. It is also vital to find out who the trustees are".

Can I ask if anyone has a copy of the trust deed or (as suggested) some promotional material at the time it was all created.

I'm pretty good at keeping records and seem to have neither and I do not remember receiving either from the scheme promoters at the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X