• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ agree with this

And when my APNs arrive i will push back saying you have discovered nothing new.

Comment

Originally posted by oldcoboler View Post
      Hi,

I've received an advance notice of an APN for the 2005/6 and 2006/7 tax years for my time with Edge. The notice states that the APN will be issued in the next 1-8 weeks...

Admin,

Could I be granted pm access please?
      Done!

Comment

HMRC will interpret the rules in whatever way suits them until they are forced to stand in front of a judge and justify their position.

Until then we are pwnd.

Comment

I'm a past Edge user and just received an APN covering two years in total

Could you please give me access to PM

Thanks....

Comment

Hi admin. Can I have PM access please.

Comment

My APNs arrived today for 05/06 and 06/07 tax years. The notice of the APN was sent on 24/04 and the APNs on 01/05 so only one week between notice and demand.

Comment

Originally posted by oldcoboler View Post
                My APNs arrived today for 05/06 and 06/07 tax years. The notice of the APN was sent on 24/04 and the APNs on 01/05 so only one week between notice and demand.
                Was the amount on the APN the same as that was previously requested?

Comment

PM access

any chance I can get PM access?

Originally posted by superdry View Post
                  I'm a past Edge user and just received an APN covering two years in total

Could you please give me access to PM

Thanks....

Comment

Long time follower of this thread, but first time poster. I'm an ex-edger too - had my APNs arrive last week and after ignoring any offers to chat about settlement, I finally called them yesterday about a recalculation. APN team weren't able to, but they directed my to counter avoidance team.

I asked them to provide a breakdown on how they've calculated the figure (as they promised they would in the advance notice) but they wouldn't budge - they wanted me to provide them with a total loan amounts from my bank account first. Anyone think this is a good idea?

Originally posted by Living life on the Edge View Post
                    I also don't think it is appropriate to talk about the joining fees in a public forum, so perhaps we should just leave it there?
                    Can you elaborate on this one? Surely setting a ball park figure would give people a rough idea of what they're in for? If the joining cost is half of the APN value, then in some eyes, it's not worth the "gamble"? And save the groups from having to reply to a hundred PMs?

My genuine question - what if I decide to appeal, go it alone, pay the APN (NOT settle), not join a group. Then the Edge group representations win - after the group members have spent loads indivually. Wouldn't I be able to get my paid APN amount back, not having paid for the group membership? Personally (and I realise selfishly), this is what is preventing me from joining a group - but if someone can justify the cost (other than "for the greater good" - well aren't we all money hungry contractors!? That's why we're in this situation in the first place!), then please do.

If there are any other ex-Edger's in Central London (around Bank), who'd like to meet up and discuss options, please PM me or reply here. I'm thinking it would be good to put our brains together to see if anything can be done, without paying additional amounts for advice. The APN figures are painful enough to pay! And at least we can share the load of trawling through all the info, rather than each of us doing it on our own!

Comment

Originally posted by whole9yards View Post

My genuine question - what if I decide to appeal, go it alone, pay the APN (NOT settle), not join a group. Then the Edge group representations win - after the group members have spent loads indivually. Wouldn't I be able to get my paid APN amount back, not having paid for the group membership? Personally (and I realise selfishly), this is what is preventing me from joining a group - but if someone can justify the cost (other than "for the greater good" - well aren't we all money hungry contractors!? That's why we're in this situation in the first place!), then please do.
                      This is what HMRC is banking on. Think this through though.

1) We all know alone we cannot fight HMRC.

2) lesser the number of people in group == less resources to fight HMRC with endless resources == lesser the chances group will win == lesser the chance u can get your money back if group wins. U WILL ONLY GET YOUR MONEY BACK IF GROUP WINS. No other way. It is in your personal interest to make group as strong as possible.

3) No one is joining the group for greater good. It is only for selfish reasons. Group needs you and you need group.

4)it's your debt, your family, your problem. Your only rescue is group. It will be your win or lose.

5) how much difference resources - a better barrister- can make cane be seen from Boyle and ranger case.

6) the reason HMRC does not want to fight companies is only because companies have resources to fight. UBS and detuche bank are going all the way to Supreme Court and both winning now when they lost in FTT. By joining a group you are ensuring you are able to fight HMRC.

I hope you and 1000s other smell the coffee and get the drift. This playing smart and thinking 'will stand on the shoulder of giant' when time comes might result in giant turning out to be smaller by the last required inch.

Comment

Working...
                      X