• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Youvegottobekiddingme View Post
    I assume it would give them the impression that I'm admitting they are in the right. Reread the letter this evening and I see now that it's ok to get an assessment so I'll ask them for one.
    Check you are under investigation first!

Comment

Hi all, newbie here and received the letter a few weeks back. I have skimmed through the many posts and wonder if anyone has asked why we are not being represented?

My understanding is that the tax arrangements were sound, and understood to be so based on the Legal Counsel that Edge had. My understanding also is that Edge had undertook to represent employees should the HMRC retrospectively disagree. I know other companies take, and demonstrably have taken this line.

If Edge did give this commitment, then my understanding is also that this commitment is transferred by law to Redstone.

What am I missing and has anyone looked into this?

Comment

Originally posted by Westie View Post
        Hi all, newbie here and received the letter a few weeks back. I have skimmed through the many posts and wonder if anyone has asked why we are not being represented?

My understanding is that the tax arrangements were sound, and understood to be so based on the Legal Counsel that Edge had. My understanding also is that Edge had undertook to represent employees should the HMRC retrospectively disagree. I know other companies take, and demonstrably have taken this line.

If Edge did give this commitment, then my understanding is also that this commitment is transferred by law to Redstone.

Edge did not become Redstone. Redstone may be run by the same folks but they are two separate legal entities. I think Edge still exists but they just don't operate in the UK anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Westie View Post

Do you have anything in writing?
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

EBT - Help Required

Hello Moderator. Please grant me PM access. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Why would asking how much they are disputing result in you not being able to appeal?
              I think our group member could be advised on using 'without prejudice' disclaimer for added assurance?

Comment

Originally posted by IPMAN View Post
                I think our group member could be advised on using 'without prejudice' disclaimer for added assurance?
                There is absolutely no harm in asking HMRC for details of what they have. If they are reluctant to supply information, include a reference to section 18 CRCA 2005. This is legal basis of HMRC operation and section 18 allows HRMC to share information that helps to determine the right amount of tax.

Comment

Got my letter today, took ages to get to me now I'm living abroad.

My immediate thoughts reading through this thread are:

1) Not one person seems to have reported a figure. Has anyone got one yet?
                  2) There's a couple of 'groups' setup, which appear to require PMing someone on this forum. Why do these groups not have a direct contact?
                  3) I'm not certain if or how to approach HMRC to get a guide as to what they want to settle?

Totally astonished as well that this APN thing could apply, so you'd have to pay the money while you proved you didn't owe it!

Comment

Further to my first post, please can you give me PM access?

Comment

If you live abroad, why would you pay anything? I left the UK 6-years ago and they've got a snowball's chance in hell of getting a penny from me.

Comment

Working...
                      X