• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lumineer View Post
    The QC advising Sanzar in early 2008 was based out of Pump Court Tax Chambers
    wasn't Andrew Thornhill by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by WMA View Post
      Hi.

I received a letter from HMRC for a previous year and I have also today received a letter concerning my 2013 year end return whilst using some of the companies mentioned in this thread

Please can I have my PM function enabled so I can seek some clarification and help.

Many thanks !
      Done.

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by z4thras View Post
          wasn't Andrew Thornhill by chance?
          Don't know the name, but have a copy of the letter sent by them to HMRC, but it relates to the 2007/08 scheme. No name on the letter, but faxed from PCTC.

Comment

For what it's worth, it was David Ewart QC.

Comment

I have recieved HMRC section 9A while I was with IQ contracts

Originally posted by dkn View Post
              Hi,

Can I please also have PM rights to message Old Kent Road.

Thanks
              Can you give me access to private forum please.
              Thanks.

Comment

Recieved letter from HMRC section 9a relating to IQ contracts load arrangement

I have received HMRC section 9a letter for self assessment of 12-13. Can some one advice me on whether to reply them with all details or not. I have learned that the Director of the IQ contracts (Old) has set-up a company called CHSlimited.co.uk to help the contractor.

I was advised by them not to provide any information to HMRC as its just a informal request and they can use any information I provide against me in the future.
                Not sure how to deal with this.
                Can some advice me please.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by mustaq View Post
                  I have received HMRC section 9a letter for self assessment of 12-13. Can some one advice me on whether to reply them with all details or not. I have learned that the Director of the IQ contracts (Old) has set-up a company called CHSlimited.co.uk to help the contractor.

I was advised by them not to provide any information to HMRC as its just a informal request and they can use any information I provide against me in the future.
                  Not sure how to deal with this.
                  Can some advice me please.

Thanks,
                  The key to dealing with an enquiry successfully is to reply to HMRC’s queries promptly and courteously, but always to remain aware that in some cases HMRC will request sight of documents where they have no right to do so. It is therefore prudent to seek professional advice.

CH are supported by an accountancy firm - so they are not totally useless, but they do have some form of relationship, albeit implicitly, with the companies you may have had dealing with.

There is a private forum for users of these products.

Do be aware that HMRC read these posts.

Comment

Originally posted by mustaq View Post
                    Can you give me access to private forum please.
                    Thanks.
                    Letter received regarding 12/13 please can I have PM rights to access the private forum? They gave me 30 days the respond only just received the letter and not sure what to do as I have 8 days left.

Comment

PM rights

Hi,

Can I have access rights as well please. I was with Sanzar 2010/11

Regards,

Chobecat

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      Given you both PM access!

Comment

Working...
                      X