• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM access please

Hi,

I used Sanzar from 2009 - 2011.

Thanks

Comment

join group please

Hi,

Please can i have access to get into the private sanzar forum.

I used Sanzar from 2009 - 2011.

Regards,
      M Asif

Comment

Originally posted by kmpm View Post
        I have had an APN warning letter but have no open enquiry. Year ending 4/11. No open enquiry I think means no opportunity for HMRC as date has been missed. Can't find my tax return for that year.....If I failed to file, am I still in the clear for that year or do I still have a problem. Would appreciate any insight to this scenario.
        If you really do have no open enquiry, the APN is invalid and you need to tell HMRC that.

If you were in receipt of income and failed to file a return (and assuming you have NOT had a letter from HMRC telling you not to file) then you have a problem.

HMRC may allege that you have concealed income and therefore are in the "fraud" time range which is effectively unlimited (or limited to 6 year cycles in fact).

I've not seen an APN which is invalid for a closed year. To date the compliance teams appear not to have made that error in those I've checked. It's entirely possible that this rather basic point has been subject to some form of administrative error but I'd be inclined to check with HMRC before making any assumptions.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi, been with Sanzar/Garraway/Winchester since 2009

Hi, I would like to join the class action groups, please.
          I've been with Sanzar then Garraway, and was with Winchester till 2014.

Would be v grateful for PM privileges. Cheers,
          Zing

Comment

Originally posted by zingdoozer View Post
            Hi, I would like to join the class action groups, please.
            I've been with Sanzar then Garraway, and was with Winchester till 2014.

Would be v grateful for PM privileges. Cheers,
            Zing
            PM access granted!

Comment

APN

I have 3 APNS and the people supposed to be helping aren't. Any updates from any of you guys? Can I have PM please?

Comment

Sanzar update

Originally posted by elvisgraham View Post
                I have 3 APNS and the people supposed to be helping aren't. Any updates from any of you guys? Can I have PM please?
                Sanzar group has over 150 members now. We have a dedicated Barrister working for our group.

JR application and representation to the APNs received and due to be received are also being implemented.

Hence anybody (Sanzar scheme users) who is still not a sanzar private group member but has received an APN with a deadline, has to contact OLD KENT ROAD to get access to the private forum.

United we stand, better for us.

Comment

Originally posted by elvisgraham View Post
                  You can also join BIG GROUP (see below). BIG GROUP is a cross-scheme organization that can help you. Many of the active posters on CUK are on there. (Membership in provider groups and BG is not exclusive)
                  Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Interestingly, I have had a tax statement that shows an appealed amount for an earlier tax demand for a scheme 2009/10 but no mention of 2010/11 on the statement today. Can I use this given they have warned of an APN but nothing on my tax statement?

Comment

Originally posted by kmpm View Post
                      Interestingly, I have had a tax statement that shows an appealed amount for an earlier tax demand for a scheme 2009/10 but no mention of 2010/11 on the statement today. Can I use this given they have warned of an APN but nothing on my tax statement?
                      To be blunt. No.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X