• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiries for EBT Loans from Cascade London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another one

Hi Admin - could I please have PM rights - thanks muchly.

Comment

pinballwiz
      morf
      Queenie
      Lark
      ReneDescartes
      Hebridean
      Csg
      paulperth

Welcome to the forum. Added PM rights for all of you.

Comment

Originally posted by morf View Post
        I was working for Penfolds during the 2008-2009 tax year but I'm pretty confident the EBT payments were made during the 2009-2010 tax year. Can anyone clarify how this affects the situation. Will discuss it with Cascade + KS anyway.

Many thanks all
        For 09/10 HMRC will find it much difficult to send a discovery because KS did the tax returns and tax returns had much more information like DOTAS reference and Text description of loans. But they way HMRC are going about this I am expecting a similar letter from 09/10

Comment

I'm fighting too, PM rights please.

Hi Admin, can I please have PM rights.

Hi all, I got this nasty letter nearly a month ago, contacted Cascade and they passed me onto KS. KS have prepared my appeal which I have not seen a copy. Had another bill come in today which had another 4 figures added onto it for interest and surcharge.
          I am not going to be bullied by HMRC and glad I am not the only one in that boat.

Thanks Costo for setting this up. I will make others I know of this forum.

Good luck to us all

S

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
            For 09/10 HMRC will find it much difficult to send a discovery because KS did the tax returns and tax returns had much more information like DOTAS reference and Text description of loans. But they way HMRC are going about this I am expecting a similar letter from 09/10
            I didn't use KS for my return but another one recommended by Cascade during the 08-09 year. Thanks for the info will see what KS say next week.

Comment

I too have been contacted

Hi all, new to the thread, lots of good advice, thank you.

please grant me PM rights also

Comment

Statement from initial discovery letter ?

Originally posted by sleahy100 View Post
                Hi Admin, can I please have PM rights.

Hi all, I got this nasty letter nearly a month ago, contacted Cascade and they passed me onto KS. KS have prepared my appeal which I have not seen a copy. Had another bill come in today which had another 4 figures added onto it for interest and surcharge.
                I am not going to be bullied by HMRC and glad I am not the only one in that boat.

Thanks Costo for setting this up. I will make others I know of this forum.

Good luck to us all

S
                Hi sleahy100, you may find that the bill you have received is the "actual" total amount HMRC have on record of being "owed" but still relates to the initial Discovery Assessment received earlier in the year. The Discovery Assessment only included the tax "owed" not additional penalty and interest payments. I noticed this with mine as the amount stated in the letter did not match what was on the self assessment site - difference being penalty and interest from Jan 2010.

Perhaps the appeal letter and this 2nd one crossed paths in royal mail?

Comment

Another new joiner

Hi, am in a similar boat to the rest of the posters on this thread.

May I have PM rights please admin?

Thanks

m

Comment

Private Msg to Costo

Anyone who has not yet Private messaged (PM) costo please do so. Myself, Costo and quite a few others are maintaining a group together for Cascade contractors

Comment

Please grant me PM rights also

Please grant me PM rights also

<admin note - done! />

Comment

Working...
                      X