• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

comtact me please

Originally posted by lahsiv View Post
    Hi I too received letter from HMRC yesterday for 2009/2010 tax year. Was with sanzar solutions during that period. Wrote to CH and based on reply looks like the best recourse is to appeal?..Even if it buys time, what to do except wait and watch. Am very nervous..
    Hello all,
    Can i implore you all to contact me regarding this letter? Can we try and find out a solution to this and implore on the outcomes

Comment

Retrospective tax legislation

Hi,

If you are opposed to the use of retrospective legislation please can you ask your Member of Parliament to sign the Early Day Motion.
      Early day motion 425 - RETROSPECTIVE LEGISLATION AND SECTION 58(4) OF THE FINANCE ACT 2008 - UK Parliament

You can email your MP by entering your postcode here:
      http://www.writetothem.com

A simple request like this will suffice.

Dear...

I am writing to ask if you would consider signing Early Day Motion 425 - RETROSPECTIVE LEGISLATION AND SECTION 58(4) OF THE FINANCE ACT 2008.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Yours sincerely,
      Many thanks
      DR

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Hi,

If you are opposed to the use of retrospective legislation please can you ask your Member of Parliament to sign the Early Day Motion.
        Early day motion 425 - RETROSPECTIVE LEGISLATION AND SECTION 58(4) OF THE FINANCE ACT 2008 - UK Parliament

You can email your MP by entering your postcode here:
        http://www.writetothem.com

A simple request like this will suffice.

Many thanks
        DR

Just had a reply from my MP Anne Main (St. Albans Con) She was very supportive and has signed

Comment

Originally posted by vern19 View Post
          Just had a reply from my MP Anne Main (St. Albans Con) She was very supportive and has signed
          Thanks, you're a star!

Comment

I received my reply this week also:

"Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email to Mr Lefroy.

In common with many other MPs Mr Lefroy does not normally sign EDMs. However, last week he wrote to the new minister in the Treasury asking for a further review of these rules. He has written previously to minister who have been adamant that users of such schemes were well aware of the consequences.

I will send a copy of the reply for your information when we receive a response from Treasury.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxx"

Incidentally, I made no mention of any scheme whatsoever.
            Last edited by Krung Thep; 8 November 2013, 10:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Krung Thep View Post
              I received my reply this week also:

"Dear Mr xxxxxx,

Thank you for your email to Mr Lefroy.

In common with many other MPs Mr Lefroy does not normally sign EDMs. However, last week he wrote to the new minister in the Treasury asking for a further review of these rules. He has written previously to minister who have been adamant that users of such schemes were well aware of the consequences.

I will send a copy of the reply for your information when we receive a response from Treasury.

Yours sincerely,

xxxxxx"

Incidentally, I made no mention of any scheme whatsoever.
              Thanks for doing this.

Lefroy may have constituents affected by BN66/Section 58 who've been banging on his door.

Montpelier estimate that over half the 1500 contractors in their scheme are facing bankruptcy.

Comment

couild i have pm rights please

Comment

Are we now trusting Contractor Help Desk?

They requested my assessment documentation to produce an appeal letter.

Or am i better off submitting my own from here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...ml#post1698051

Comment

Originally posted by ireland2013 View Post
                    Yes, I need those too, please.

Comment

I am going to be in the same situation imminently, just waiting for the letter to hit the doormat! I have touched base with contractor help desk, but am going to get independent advise also, any recommendations?
                      Also, how long do these things take to resolve?

Comment

Working...
                      X