• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobo View Post
    Hi All

Please can I get PM access
    Done!

Comment

Hi Administrator, can I get pm access as well please?

Thank you.

Comment

S9A Enquiry

Hi,

Unfortunately new to this forum and the comments & time scale of dealings are making some nervous reading.

I returned to the UK as a contractor in 2011 and was recommended by a friend to use AML. initially seemed good plan, but got more nervous and this year I left and formed my own limited company. Unfortunately this week I have received a letter this weekend from HMRC informing me of an S9A enquiry. Obviously very concerned. I will be contacting AML on monday, to see what their plans are.
        -NEO222, I noticed that you started this thread in 2012. Is it really still going after 2 years.
        -Does anyone know if you should discuss with HMRC or advise on how to go forward from here.
        -Obviously I'll wait to see what AML come back with, but just a little concerned that it is their benefit to stall as much as possible.

Any comments appreciated.

Administrator, I would appreciate pm rights as obviously more questions that I would like to ask certain individuals.

Regards
        Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Nervous72 View Post
          Hi,

Unfortunately new to this forum and the comments & time scale of dealings are making some nervous reading.

I returned to the UK as a contractor in 2011 and was recommended by a friend to use AML. initially seemed good plan, but got more nervous and this year I left and formed my own limited company. Unfortunately this week I have received a letter this weekend from HMRC informing me of an S9A enquiry. Obviously very concerned. I will be contacting AML on monday, to see what their plans are.
          -NEO222, I noticed that you started this thread in 2012. Is it really still going after 2 years.
          -Does anyone know if you should discuss with HMRC or advise on how to go forward from here.
          -Obviously I'll wait to see what AML come back with, but just a little concerned that it is their benefit to stall as much as possible.

Any comments appreciated.

Administrator, I would appreciate pm rights as obviously more questions that I would like to ask certain individuals.

Regards
          Ian
          Things started in 2012 but with HMRC will continue for years to come. I am not sure but I think AML are one of the good promoter supporting their contractors. Get in touch with them.

In my personal experience when I contacted HMRC they lied to me by saying extra years are open and when asked them for a copy they stepped back from their comments. Thus I gave up and stopped interacting with them. Thus my view is better to let likes of AML deal with HMRC rather then try and do it yourself.

Comment

Section 9A Enquiry

Hi All,

I have received an enquiry from HMRC regarding the self assessment for year ending 2013. I was with AML during this tax year and now I want to get some independent advice on how best to deal with the situation. Could anyone on this forum please recommended a good tax consultant to use in this scenario?

Kind Regards
            A

Comment

AM Limited 2012/13 HMRC Tax Return Compliance Checks

We are seeing a lot of recent activity by HMRC on post 2011 schemes, in particular, the AML PBT Scheme.

This applies not only to AM Limited but also a number of other providers whose current schemes are under scrutiny.

We have seen the advice being given by the providers in many cases.

If you have received a Section 9A Enquiry Notice (Compliance Check) for 2012/13, make sure that it was issued within the Enquiry Window which is normally 12 months from the date on which HMRC received your Tax Return (unless it was late).

If the Enquiry Window had closed when the letter was issued, you can request a Closure Notice and will not need to deal with the some 40 separate requests for information and documents which is extremely onerous.

As penalties could be an issue in some cases, do not ignore the letter and reply as soon as possible.

Also be aware of other actions HMRC could take and bear in mind the likelihood of a Follower Notice and APN in the New Year, where there is an open enquiry or appeal on this non- DOTAS registered scheme.

If you are thinking about settling the matter, you should act quickly to obtain the maximum advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
                Also be aware of other actions HMRC could take and bear in mind the likelihood of a Follower Notice and APN in the New Year, where there is an open enquiry or appeal on this non- DOTAS registered scheme.
                As this is a more recent, non-dotas scheme, how can they issue a FN and subsequent APN ? I would have thought this would have to go through the GAAR process first and depending on what year they were investigating could be retrospective which isn't allowed pre-2013 ?
                STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

We are seeing a lot of recent activity by HMRC on post 2011 schemes, in particular, the AML PBT Scheme.

This applies not only to AM Limited but also a number of other providers whose current schemes are under scrutiny.

We have seen the advice being given by the providers in many cases.

If you have received a Section 9A Enquiry Notice (Compliance Check) for 2012/13, make sure that it was issued within the Enquiry Window which is normally 12 months from the date on which HMRC received your Tax Return (unless it was late).

If the Enquiry Window had closed when the letter was issued, you can request a Closure Notice and will not need to deal with the some 40 separate requests for information and documents which is extremely onerous.

As penalties could be an issue in some cases, do not ignore the letter and reply as soon as possible.

If you are thinking about settling the matter, you should act quickly to obtain the maximum advantage.
                  The onerous information and documents requested is unbelievable, and will need the input of AML.

Michael, concerning Bank Statements and other private information, can they be blanked out, as there may be personal payments made from a bank account that should remain private?
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                    The onerous information and documents requested is unbelievable, and will need the input of AML.
                    It's part of wearing you down. Do you really think they need this from every single user to assess the scheme? Most of it won't even get looked at.

Comment

Michael, can you kindly explain how a non DOTAS scheme user will receive an APN based on a FN in the new year?

People caught up in the latest batch of schemes need sound advice, so some clarification would be appretiated.

Comment

Working...
                      X