• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Would they do that in the first instance, if you agree to cough up?
    You would certainly be charged interest regardless of whether you agreed to cough up - penalties would depend on how aggressive the scheme was, how forthcoming you were, whether it was viewed as evasion rather than avoidance etc - can't see that you'd get away with no penalties at all though
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I would start saving.

Work out what you owe to HMRC.

Pay it when they ask (within your capability).

I'd be surprised if the Scheme organisers come through for you

It was a gamble.

Comment

ALWAYS contact (or try to contact) the scheme providers 1st, before you do anything else.

DO NOT rely on these forums for tax or legal advice, review recommendations on them with due dilligence.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've received a letter from HMRC requesting payment within 30 days for 09/10 tax year. I was with AM Limited. I feel numb - it will cripple me. Will seek guidance from AM Limited as don't agree with assessment. Anyone else receive this Xmas present?

Comment

Originally posted by roadstar View Post
            I've received a letter from HMRC requesting payment within 30 days for 09/10 tax year. I was with AM Limited. I feel numb - it will cripple me. Will seek guidance from AM Limited as don't agree with assessment. Anyone else receive this Xmas present?
            I did, just yesterday :-( . Tried contacting AML, they asked me to scan the doc and send it to them

Comment

I am with AML not had letter yet... Is it the EBT's or PBT's? I've googled and even searched on HMRC Website and can't find anything against the PBT's, only the EBT's!?..

Comment

Nervous Newbie AML

Is this EBT's or PBT's maybe they will both be under investigation but as far I can search on google and on HMRC website the only issue is with EBT's? as you were employee getting a loan? PBT's you are now self-employed
                Last edited by lfcynwa; 31 December 2013, 21:30.

Comment

It's the EBT from what I understand.

Comment

It's the EBT from what I understand.
                    I spoke with AML today, they said they will answer any HMRC letter re EBT's and PBT's are ok at present (of course they would say that).. but please keep this thread going of how you get on? I've not had a letter yet...
                    Last edited by lfcynwa; 31 December 2013, 21:32.

Comment

Just to let you know I am in the same position ,I was with AML in 2009 and received a letter from the HMRC in December 2013 . I was with AML for the grand total of 12 weeks at which point I resigned and went with another umbrella company .

The letter from HMRC assumes that I was with them the full year .

I have spoke to HMRC 3 times now and they have informed me AML have not supplied them with any loan amounts so the figure they have ask me to pay tax on is a “Estimate!”

They could not tell me how they calculated the estimate but that I need to pay the outstanding tax it before the 15th January 2014. I explained to them I was not with them for the full year and had the p45 to prove it . HMRC was aware of this and that my PAYE shows that I was only with them a short time . However I still need to prove to them how much I actual received in loan from AML and the only thing they will except is bank statements for the full year or confirmation from AML

I believe asking for bank statements is illegal as they are asking for information (all my ingoings and outgoings ) which is not relevant to the case.

I cannot afford to pay out what they are asking for and giving me this short amount of time over the holiday period was perfect timing on their behalf.

I am going to appeal but they are insisting that I pay what they think is outstanding by the 15th or interest will be added right back to January 2011

I feel now that I have been made out to be a criminal and insisting that the amount they have made up is wrong.

I have looked into the loans and understand that this was legal until the law was changed in April 2011 and back dated to December 2010 .

I have spoken to AML and so far it looks like they can help but with so little time left I am now getting concerned that there is no appeal letter sent .

Has anyone else had dealings with AML for this year or last and what was the outcome ?

Comment

Working...
                      X