• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AML newsletter ?

Got mine also. Does anyone know how to get on AML's newsletter list? I haven't heard from them in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by tennisguy View Post
      Got mine also. Does anyone know how to get on AML's newsletter list? I haven't heard from them in a year.
      I've also had the same problem. Everytime I ask them to add me to the distribution list, they say they have but then I never receive the newsletter and have to chase them for it. They do then send it to me though.

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        Pretty good summary on taxation.co.uk:

http://www.taxation.co.uk/taxation/b...et-little-guys

(Related to the discussion above)
        Yes that sums it up nicely I think!

Comment

APN TAx Years

Would those who received APN's please tell me what tax years?

I have 2009-10 & 10-11 COP8 investigations and wondered whether I will get 2 separate or one combined?

Also time to pay is it limited to 2 years?
          http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
            Would those who received APN's please tell me what tax years?

I have 2009-10 & 10-11 COP8 investigations and wondered whether I will get 2 separate or one combined?

Also time to pay is it limited to 2 years?
            I've received one APN for 2009-10 but not the 2010-11 one yet. Have others received APNs for tax years other than 2009-10?

Has anyone taken out a certificate of deposit with HMRC to stop interest accruing on the already huge income tax figure? Wondering if this is a good option given you can withdraw it at anytime (supposedly)
            Last edited by Sal012; 12 April 2015, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Sal012 View Post
              I've received one APN for 2009-10 but not the 2010-11 one yet. Have others received APNs for tax years other than 2009-10?

Has anyone taken out a certificate of deposit with HMRC to stop interest accruing on the already huge income tax figure? Wondering if this is a good option given you can withdraw it at anytime (supposedly)
              Mine are for 2008/9 & 2009/10. Nothing for 2010/11 although I'm not expecting very much here as I stopped using AML then.

Comment

AML newsletter ?

Can someone message me the latest AML newsletter please ? I've emailed AML several times but no reply so far and time is running out

Comment

This morning got a call from HMRC to confirm the receipt of APN. Did anyone received such calls?

the number given to me was 03000 590529.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by rockstarcheers View Post
                    This morning got a call from HMRC to confirm the receipt of APN. Did anyone received such calls?

the number given to me was 03000 590529.

Regards,
                    I haven't received a call.

What's the motive of HMRC doing this? Maybe to apply extra pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by jrock View Post
                      I haven't received a call.

What's the motive of HMRC doing this? Maybe to apply extra pressure.
                      A colleague of mine who used AML and received 2 APNs also received a call yesterday from HMRC asking if he'd received his APNs...

How strange. I wonder why HMRC seem to have the time to individually telephone people to courteously ask if they have received these APNs, I hardly think that is normal HMRC practice?

We even got a warning letter telling us the APN was coming, and now we are being asked if it arrived.

Something isn't right here, or they don't trust Royal Mail..

Comment

Working...
                      X