• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheyCalledMeMrDennis View Post
    I just don't have that sort of money. I live pay day to pay day and it never lasts the month. Nor have I any assets to sell.
    You in the best situation of us lot. Hopefully you have not transferred assets to any family member in last 3 years as well and then you have nothing to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
      You in the best situation of us lot. Hopefully you have not transferred assets to any family member in last 3 years as well and then you have nothing to lose.

No, never had anything to transfer. Most likely they''ll BR me. Problem with that is it'll get me fired and screw my livelihood for good probably, I'm in my mid 50's

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
        If you don't join in with the JR, HMRC will definitely be knocking on your door.
        AML are still dealing with it and as far as I know are speaking to Pinsent masons about a JR. So they are still standing by their contractors for the time being anyway. Make sure if you get any correspondence from HMRC that you send it to AML as soon as possible!

Comment

If AML are defending you against APNs then there is no need to join another JR.

This other JR if for people who have nobody representing them.

Comment

No, never had anything to transfer. Most likely they''ll BR me. Problem with that is it'll get me fired and screw my livelihood for good probably, I'm in my mid 50's
            If your situation is as you describe you need to do two things quickly.

Professional advice. Goggle "Taxaid".

That is a pro bono service and will help explain things and give you some professional advice.

Citizens Advice. For issues relating to debt. Go to them BEFORE you have debt issues.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Yes they are but anyone who was with AML and has received a pre APN letter needs to contact them to let them know.
              They have informed me they are speaking to Pinsent Masons about the JR

Comment

I would just like to apologise to everyone that had sent me a PM. I've only just seen them all now and some of them go back months. There is no point in me replying to those older ones as we are quite a way on from that point now. Apologies again.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post

Got APN this morning

Comment

Got APN this morning
                    Sorry to hear that. I suspect there will be quite a lot dropping through letterboxes over this holiday weekend.

Forward it on to AML and hopefully their JR will prevent HMRC enforcing it.

Comment

Two APNs received this morning, 1 week after my warning letter. They really do want to get them in before the election don't they! It was pretty obvious they were going to get them in ready for Easter.

I wouldn't mind, but there's about 14 pages to scan. It does say AML have got a copy anyway...

Comment

Working...
                      X