• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Rob79

My understanding is that because of cases like Rangers (and others) and your IP, HMRC knows this will be difficult. That's why they are taking the ToAA route in their settlement letters. To understand ToAA and recent decisions like Fisher is quite complex. I guess either someone will take proper council view or we will have to wait for cases to reach FTT (and then UTT and then court of Appeal ..... before this is over!) to get clarity

On AML showing profit, they have already made a profit. Now it is more like (past) customer service and they shouldn't need to show profit for this.

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
      Thanks Rob79

My understanding is that because of cases like Rangers (and others) and your IP, HMRC knows this will be difficult. That's why they are taking the ToAA route in their settlement letters. To understand ToAA and recent decisions like Fisher is quite complex. I guess either someone will take proper council view or we will have to wait for cases to reach FTT (and then UTT and then court of Appeal ..... before this is over!) to get clarity

On AML showing profit, they have already made a profit. Now it is more like (past) customer service and they shouldn't need to show profit for this.
      A view from Counsel is just that, a view. It carries no weight in a Court until a judge has heard it and says he agrees. Until then it's expensive fish and chip wrapper.

Make no mistake that HMRC will pursue cases all the way from FTT, via UTT, CoA and eventually Supreme Court.

Comment

I had a call with them just now which was very productive and helpful I think. Again, I'm not keen on posting the details as such but if you want to pm me you can.

Comment

Can I please get PM rights?

Thanks

Comment

Can I have PM rights too please?

Comment

can I get PM rights too please.

Comment

PM Rights

Can I get PM rights also please?

Comment

Originally posted by tennisguy View Post
                  Can I get PM rights also please?
                  Sorry, have now subscribed to this thread too All who have requested PM access should now be sorted.

Comment

Sign e petition

Withdraw the proposals to introduce direct recovery of tax debts from taxpayers

Comment

PM Access

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      Sorry, have now subscribed to this thread too All who have requested PM access should now be sorted.
                      Hi All

Please can I get PM access

Comment

Working...
                      X