• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrock View Post
    Dear all, it's all gone a bit quiet on this forum regarding AMLs stance on HMRC new powers.

What I'd like to know is have any members recently been in contact with AML and have any news to share?
    Yes, they have submitted details to HMRC and heard nothing back. They will be standing firm and going to court if need be. The Rangers appeal has been upheld and HMRC have lost the appeal. Best you contact AML directly with and Q's, they are v.helpful.
    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

I saw that HMRC had lost the case against Rangers again. Not sure if this will have any outcome on our case? I also wrote to my not so helpful MP recently using the template. I got a reply back which basically sounded like he wasnt interested and didnt believe that the accelerated payments would be coming in to scope!

Comment

HMRC list

HMRC list of avoidance schemes being targeted in first wave

HMRC to publish list of 1,200 schemes earmarked for pay-up first - 15 Jul 2014 - Accountancy Age

i believe AML SRN was 43525375

Comment

Originally posted by jrock View Post
          HMRC list of avoidance schemes being targeted in first wave

HMRC to publish list of 1,200 schemes earmarked for pay-up first - 15 Jul 2014 - Accountancy Age

i believe AML SRN was 43525375

If the SRN is correct it is on the list

Comment

Originally posted by Christop View Post
            If the SRN is correct it is on the list
            Yes that is the correct SRN and it is on the list as you say. So what happens next? Do we now sit and wait for APNs to drop through the letter box? I have contacted AM Limited and am just awaiting a response from them. But I guess its now to the point where no one can do anything else to challenge this other than pay up?

Comment

Does anyone know if the SRN (43525375) only applies to AML's EBT Scheme or it also includes/applies their PBT Scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
                Yes that is the correct SRN and it is on the list as you say. So what happens next? Do we now sit and wait for APNs to drop through the letter box? I have contacted AM Limited and am just awaiting a response from them. But I guess its now to the point where no one can do anything else to challenge this other than pay up?
                As you say I don't think there is much option but to pay up, my worry at this stage is that they will completely mess up the amount in which case I will challenge (not sure how) from what I hear we should see some activity next week so will be watching the forums for any guidance I can get.

Comment

Originally posted by nervesplice View Post
                  Does anyone know if the SRN (43525375) only applies to AML's EBT Scheme or it also includes/applies their PBT Scheme?
                  This worries me too, as I understand it they will concentrate on the low hanging fruit to start with but will eventually get round to the pbt
                  Last edited by Christop; 17 July 2014, 07:26. Reason: error

Comment

I have had a reply back from AM Limited. They are still fighting this but I am not sure that it will make any difference now.

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
                      I have had a reply back from AM Limited. They are still fighting this but I am not sure that it will make any difference now.
                      Thanks for giving us notice that AML plan to fight...still APN will be sent AML scheme users who HMRC have sent letters to.

Shocked how easy it has been for Gauke to push this through, but we are villified and demonised so its all playing politics to the masses.
                      http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
                      X