• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

This is my first post but have actively been fighting this issue since the problems became apparent. Does anyone have the official position from the Police/Fraud departments? I am amazed that they wouldn't take on such a simple case. Contractually Sunday/Bradbury don't have a leg to stand on. I'm sure most of you kept all the original paperwork, like myself......

As most of these people are still in business it is imperative we continue to get this resolved and get those behind this to face justice.

I would strongly advise you all to be careful as to what you post. I know for certain that those who are implicated, read these forums all the time to remain one step ahead.

Comment

Late partnership statement

Hi,

I too fell victim to the whole Sunday Solutions/Bradbury/Willow Meade scam - to the tune of c£7k.

I didn't join the legal proceedings against the perpetrators as I couldn't afford the legal costs. Instead I'm paying the funds back to HMRC who are, as you expect, quite unsympathetic about the whole situation.

I'm currently getting fined £100 a year for not filing the partnership statement with HMRC. Is anyone else in the same position? How did you overcome this? Was anyone else in the Whalley Prime partnership?

Comment

Late Partnership.....

I would recommend you get an accountant and complete you tax returns. I know you are paying back HMRC but if you don't complete the returns you will continue to pick up fines
        If you wish to discuss off the forum, send an email to the [email protected] address.
        Rgds
        Mikey

Comment

HMRC letter: Check of amendment to Partnership Tax return...

To fellow victims,

I received a letter through the mail yesterday from the HMRC relating to a "Check of amendment to Partnership Tax return" for both the 2008 and 2009 tax years. I was with the Traunt Haughton partnership. Have any other partners - from the same or different partnerships - been issued with this HMRC check?

Additionally, does anyone know the current state of the partnerships and whether they have been "officially" closed down, or is someone actively closing them down?

I haven't participated in this particular forum before however it has been a valuable source of information for the last 12 months. It's been comforting to know that I'm not the only one who's been affected by this mismanagement/criminal activity. I urge people to actively read and participate in these forums because ultimately the sheer number of people affected by Sunday Solutions/Bradbury will be how we overcome this situation (e.g. this could be by collectively writing to the HMRC, write to creditors/debtors affected if monies are owed, organise a class action, arrange a meeting with affected partners with legal advice etc).

Cheers,
          Rob.

Comment

willowmeade

Hi Yall, looks like there is a lot of scullduggery going on with regard to unpaid money. Has anybody in the North East had dealings with a company called Satiago Hanson. Willowmeade used these people to pay me but they withheld 19% for tax and admin fees. No tax has been paid on my behalf and now I might have to pay the tax man with money I do not have. Has anybody else had dealings with these people.

Comment

HMRC Check received in the post - Traut Haughton partnership

Hi Rob (wcq6600),

I too was a member of the Traut Haughton partnership.

Currently I've been in regular contact with 1 other partner, and he has been trying to track down members of the partnership.

We've both received these "Check of amendment to Partnership Tax return" statements from the HMRC.

I don't believe it is just our partnership receiving these letters.

I urge you to contact me directly RE: TH p'ship... Also, when you send me a message, can you please let me know which number in the list of partners names on the Traut Haughton partnership contract.

If you are not already part of the legal action, I *urge* you to join - this problem isn't going to go away, mainly because there are large sums of VAT that was never paid by our 'accountants', and HMRC have each and every one of our names and UTR's associated with each partnership, so there is no running from this.

Send an email to [email protected] if you would like to join the action group.

Comment

Action is happening!!

Just to reiterate there is action taking place in the courts and progress is being made. To join this action, please email [email protected]
                The more people who join, the greater the chance of success and cheaper it will be for all.

It is worth noting that most of these partnerships owe VAT money to HMRC. They are actively seeking all members for their money, so if you haven't been contacted yet, it is probably a matter of time. All partners are equally liable for money owed. I urge you to join the action group so we can recover the money to cover these bills!!!

Comment

VAT Partnership Issue

Hi All

received a strange letter yesterday that completely freaked me out. I ended up paying all my taxes earlier this year and resigned from the partnership last year. The letter I got today is from someone that claims he is in the alfano souther partnership and that some legal action is being taken in the high courts against sunday and bradbury on behalf of someone called eugene mclaughlin.

Initially the letter is asking for my consent to have the partnership as a claimant in the proceedings then goes on to say that if i dont want to be party i can still contribute to the costs that may be considerable.

If i dont then i wont get any money is the claim is successful but i will be indemnified against the costs.

heres the kicker: at the end of the letter it says that if there is any VAT to be paid on account of sundays failure to pay VAT liability I will be jointly and severally liable for this debt.

The letter is not on headed paper and its addressed from a flat in london.

I cut my losses at the start of the year and paid my tax and now it seems theres another issue. Im sure i'm not the only one here thats confused and very scared.

Has anyone else received communications like this.

On a side note i've been trying to join the action group for a while now but to now avail. Can someone please help?

Comment

VAT Partnership Issue, etc.

Hi Abraxus and others,

Coincidentally, I also received a similar letter from someone who claims to have brought a case against Sunday Solutions & Bradbury & Co Limited.

On first reviewing the letter, all looked plausible. However, having checked last week directly with the High Court of Justice, and specifically with the Chancery Division, no such case stated in the letter had been registered there. In fact, it is relatively easy to represent some details of a fictitious case and present them with a bit of typical legal text, to make a letter look official.

However, I am not at all happy with the tone of the letter which appears to have the purpose of causing panic, such that one has no other sensible option than to join the action and contribute to the costs, and one is obliged to indicate one of the other options. I will not go into any more detail.

My conclusion is that, one just can't trust this sort of letter that could come from any source, and therefore, I will not be completing this form.

Lastly, I would suggest that victims should each raise the profile of this matter - (Sunday Solution - Willow Meade - Bradbury & CO) - apparent fraud with your local MP, as I am doing. Hopefully, this will give it increased significance, higher up, etc.

Agnomen

Comment

I am an active part of the mentioned legal action, and have been trying to sort this mess out from the beginning when the issues first came to light.
                      I can tell you that these letters are completely genuine and not at all scaremongering in anyway. They are completely genuine and basically if you chose to ignore them and not consider the proposed options then don’t say we didn’t try and help you when HMRC come knocking regarding outstanding liabilities.

My advice is to get in touch with the sender even on an informal basis as they are in the same partnership as you. Discuss your options with them and understand if you would like to get involved or not.

As far as the case not being legit I can confirm that the case is definitely being heard next week at the Chancery Division.

Comment

Working...
                      X