• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Consulting Overseas Victim?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Will now be on the hunt for an accountant/lawyer I guess (any recommendations?) but wondered if anyone had any advice or news?
    I presume you were not insured against any investigation? If not time to bend over.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    A canoe and a trip to Panama.

Leave a comment:

• Sockpuppet
    replied
    Originally posted by Bert View Post
    Will now be on the hunt for an accountant/lawyer I guess (any recommendations?) but wondered if anyone had any advice or news?
    Fake your own death.

Leave a comment:

• Bert
    started a topic Another Consulting Overseas Victim?

Another Consulting Overseas Victim?

I contracted through this lot between 2003-4 and since then have been out of the UK.

Just received a Notice of Further assessment from HMRC "Special Civil Investigations" department for approx 20K for the year to April 2004

Interest is also payable (although not detailed) from Jan 05 and a "surcharge" may also be payable.

I tried to telephone/email Consulting Overseas but the phone goes to voicemail and the emails bounced.

So ..... anyone know anything?

When I signed up they said the scheme was watertight .. had been approved by their tax lawyers etc.. etc.. Obviously not!

Anything much appreciated.

Working...
X