• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC loan charge refund rejected (obviously)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post

Not really, I suspect it comes down to luck of draw as to which scheme you signed up with and the methods used / peculiarities within that scheme.

I cannot for a second believe that any contractor picked a scheme based on the schemes internal workings.

Of course it comes down to the luck of the drawer, so not sure what your disagreement with my post was intended for. Clearly nobody realised what they were getting into and how these schemes worked. By personal circumstance I mean now, today. Depending on which scheme(s) you were caught up in now puts you into a situation whereby you need to make a decision. Settle, or fight and again, depending on your own personal circumstances in life, in general, will determine which way you go. For me, as an ex Hoey scheme user of course the current ongoing litigation is massive for me and will be a huge win but, 'just a drop in the ocean' as I have others I need to fight as well, just as it is a 'drop in the ocean' in the whole scheme/loan charge debacle.

Whilst I appreciate some of your posts are helpful, there is also a side to you where some posts just come across as wanting to disagree and argue. When those posts appear it is clear you have no skin in the game and are therefore not at the forefront of all this. If you were experiencing some of what those that are going through in all of this are, I think, or would hope, you may rethink some of what you have said over time.
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Working...
    X