• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan Charge Enforcement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan Charge Enforcement

Anyone heard rumours that HMRC may not be enforcing the Loan Charge at the moment?

Anyone know of anyone that has actually paid the Loan Charge?

Where has that rumour come from? I know someone who has yet to pay it and awaiting to here back from HMRC.

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    Anyone heard rumours that HMRC may not be enforcing the Loan Charge at the moment?

Anyone know of anyone that has actually paid the Loan Charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
      Where has that rumour come from? I know someone who has yet to pay it and awaiting to here back from HMRC.

From within HMRC. Made it sound like they weren't chasing too hard on it for some reason. Don't know more than that or whether it is just an offhand remark.

Comment

Interesting. I will pass that on. I only know that that they haven’t paid yet and awaiting a response from HMRC which apparently is well overdue.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper View Post
          Interesting. I will pass that on. I only know that that they haven’t paid yet and awaiting a response from HMRC which apparently is well overdue.
          Any updates from anyone on this - I last heard in February, and nothing since? This has been going on for years, it could lull one into thinking they're just hoping I'll pay up, rather than argue my case, which is precisely what I have been doing each time.

Comment

What year are your loans? You could have slipped through the net possibly but then I know they are catching those that have not paid the loan charge through issuing section 80s.

Comment

Working...
            X