• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Track the Finance Bill 2020-21 here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am hearing there might be some good news re the Loan Charge. Anyone else heard anything

Comment

Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
      Am hearing there might be some good news re the Loan Charge. Anyone else heard anything
      Two changes tabled for review July 1st. Can forward the email if you're not in the loop. Message your MP with the details of the amendment and plead for their support.

I'll get in touch with my local MP, must be more we can all do to get this one through!
      Last edited by ozzyo99; 27 June 2020, 14:00. Reason: Apparently sharing secrets...

Comment

It really is now or never for the loan charge - I would encourage everyone to email their MP and ask them to support the amendments to the finance bill. It literally takes 5mins to email them.
        Last edited by DavidD; 27 June 2020, 12:26. Reason: Redaction!

Comment

Reference number for the amendments?

If people are contacting their MPs, it would be useful to be able to cite ammendment numbers.

Btw, you can email your MP here:

WriteToThem - Email your Councillor, MP, MSP, MS, MLA or London Assembly Member for free
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Removed
            Last edited by lowpaidworker; 28 June 2020, 09:06.

Comment

Can you please remove this email from a public forum
              Er, you just quoted it...

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyo99 View Post
                Only the email from LCAG 26/06:
                Please delete this email post.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
                  Please delete this email post.
                  Edited my post. I don't see the issue with helping others who may not be in the loop, if it gains more MP votes as a result... Not as though this is all a secret, or emails cannot be leaked, or that Nesse Jorman isn't on the LCAG mail lists!

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyo99 View Post
                    Edited my post. I don't see the issue with helping others who may not be in the loop, if it gains more MP votes as a result... Not as though this is all a secret, or emails cannot be leaked, or that Nesse Jorman isn't on the LCAG mail lists!
                    I just think it is best to point them at public information and not publish private emails. Sure, there's other crap goes on but I would rather not make it easy for those that wish harm.

Comment

Can you please remove this email from a public forum
                      Ditto, you published it too :-)

Comment

Working...
                      X