• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My own summary

I think this thread has reached a point where my input is now adding little and therefore until the next wave of letters, I will cease posting here.

My summary of the key points is as follows.

1. Take the letters seriously. In almost all instances a legal document exists which details rights and obligations and this is the basis of a claim being made. Ignoring hard evidence is foolhardy.

2. Be careful how you engage with the alleged owner of the loan or their agent. Put them to the test. they are obliged to prove their claim and if they cannot, there is no claim.

3. Go and find as much paperwork as you can because you may need it.

4. Be catholic about the advice here and elsewhere. You have read a lot of views and some will be more correct than others. Take a balanced and weighted view of them all. Who has verifiable knowledge or experience? Who is simply venting? Come to a view that is sensible, not one that gives you the answer you first thought of and which suits you.

5. Keep details of the advisers here for future use.

Thanks.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge67er View Post
      I have. I've also not had the second letter for payment yet. I didn't go back to Felicitas after their first letter. I wonder if those responding are getting the second Gladstones letter quicker.
      I was wondering that to. I have not (yet) actually received a letter from Gladstones themselves, just a 'Notice of acquisition' from Felicitas. So, in my case I'm sitting on it for the minute. I see people talking about 'phases', what phase are people on whom have responded and what are Gladstones saying (without giving any detrimental info out) to any initial letters having been sent out by us?

Comment

Same. No loan agreement paperwork. Just a signed contract of employment.

They may have worded the contract without actually stating a loan i.e. you will be paid a salary and then the rest as 'remuneration' and that any monies received in excess (now what does that actually break down to?) of remuneration could be treated as debt repayable on demand or thats how i possibly understand it.

The validity of a contract shall be governed by laws of IoM (or many 'contracts' state that).

I know we have moved on from the validity or not of any P11D stating that any benefits have been paid but in my case a P11D FAQ document from Darwin states "This shows the date that any loans were REPAID", so to me that's supporting evidence that Darwin themselves stated any loan was repaid. Otherwise, as usual, that's just lying to people (due care?) in documents created and published by themselves. If you had, had read that with the accompanying P11D from them, then you would have thought that everything was settled including remuneration\loan\benefit in kind. Otherwise on termination with the them, then a final settlement (in a reasonable timescale!) or similar should also have been sent out including outstanding charges, 'loans' and so forth. I am not saying that's how people should look at it, nor that its any use in court but possibly its a supporting side. Of course we all need a crystal ball.

Maybe MPs should be made aware of this since its still an ongoing saga for contractors, dunno.
        Last edited by why; 4 March 2020, 10:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan William View Post
          Hi guys I’m looking for some advice if possible, I have received the letter from Felicitas demanding an alleged loan is paid back, the only contact details I have for them is the email address on the letter which is [email protected]
          I have tried to email them a dispute letter and a sars request but it says my email cannot be sent.
          Should I send paper copies recorded delivery to their Isle of Man PO Box address? That’s if the address actually exists, is it a fake address just like their fake email address.
          I haven’t received the letter from Gladstone’s yet so Felicitas is my only point of contact.
          Has anyone had a further response after the initial letter from Felicitas?
          Ryan

You really need to take some time and read the whole thread. Post #864 provides a neat summary and there's also a sticky at the top of the page. Felicitas' address is easily checkable at the IOM Companies Registry and you can do this yourself online Online Services - Company Search

Comment

I have. I've also not had the second letter for payment yet. I didn't go back to Felicitas after their first letter. I wonder if those responding are getting the second Gladstones letter quicker.
            I responded over two weeks ago using WTT advice and draft, have not heard anything

Comment

<Mod: Post modified to protect a poster>

I can't say that I've heard that rumour and nor would I give it much credibility.
              Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                I can't say that I've heard that rumour and nor would I give it much credibility.
                I suspect hope has been combined with the arrests that HMRC did and announced a fortnight ago..
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I suspect hope has been combined with the arrests that HMRC did and announced a fortnight ago..
                  Quite probably

Comment

The Brown Envelope will come Mr Sacco and Mr Gareth Griffith.

Originally posted by pnr8uk View Post
                    Quite probably
                    Hopefully time will catch up with the scum
                    Gareth Griffith / Giselle Whitlam Riley / Andrew Thompson. Maybe guys if you need some toilet paper I have a few rolls left. Gareth the scum bag still advertises cost effective solutions on LinkedIn.. pity LinkedIn wont close his account yet. I've sent everything I can to the HMRC to assist but im sure many have already. Still waiting for my MP and the SRA to get back to me, bloody useless authorities in this country.
                    Last edited by stevematch; 20 March 2020, 17:37.

Comment

This thread, a few weeks ago my life took what I thought was a scary and dramatic turn when those letters arrived.

Today, they don’t seem so worrying. I’ve barely thought about them. whatevers happening with this, pails into our current reality.

Hope the guys sending those letters get a good dose of the bad stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X