• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how persistent they will be if you simply ignore the letter.

If this is a "shaking the tree" exercise, they may give up if they can't elicit any response after a letter or two.

Out of curiosity, was the letter sent 1st or 2nd class; signed for?

It tells you quite a lot if they're not prepared to expend much money/effort/time chasing the "debt".
    Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 6 February 2020, 13:39.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by hcr3001 View Post
      I have a local office of Freeths in my home city, do you mind me asking which office you spoke to? Also are you getting Freeths to draught a letter on your behalf?
      Hi,

I spoke to Freeths in London (Mayfair I believe).

No, I have just disputed myself, will get them involved if they persist.

Best,

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

If this is a "shaking the tree" exercise, they may give up if they can't elicit any response after a letter or two.

It tells you quite a lot if they're not prepared to expend much money/effort/time chasing the debt.
        Mine was dated 30/1 but arrived 5/2 so assume 2nd class - didn’t keep the envelope!

Comment

Originally posted by MattWills78 View Post
          Mine was dated 30/1 but arrived 5/2 so assume 2nd class - didn’t keep the envelope!
          Who (apart from HMRC) sends a formal demand, for thousands of pounds, by 2nd class post?
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Contacted TANDEM regarding this

The first comment I got was that because I had settled with HMRC then it's no longer a loan but income. Their legal team are going to get back to me with a response as I am not the only one to contact them regarding this. I do feel a little better now but I was in shock last night when I opened it!

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post

It tells you quite a lot if they're not prepared to expend much money/effort/time chasing the "debt".
              My letter was sent first class, although its dated 30th Jan, post mark is 4th Feb, so not posted in any hurry! It was not signed for. It also makes you wonder why they are prepared to accept a smaller fee of "interest" instead of demanding the full "loan" back?

Comment

Originally posted by hcr3001 View Post
                My letter was sent first class, although its dated 30th Jan, post mark is 4th Feb, so not posted in any hurry! It was not signed for. It also makes you wonder why they are prepared to accept a smaller fee of "interest" instead of demanding the full "loan" back?
                If it was me, I would ignore the letter and see what they do. You can always deny ever receiving it.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, John Davies is the director for Gladstones - he can be reached on <mod snip> (publicly available number) if you guys want to reach out to let him know what you think of his company and their operating practices. I have!
                  Hi Matt,
                  What did he say?

Comment

Received the same letter

Hi all,

I have literally just joined but have been reading these posts since yesterday when I received my letter.. Also dated 30th Jan, and wanting payment to be made by the 12th Feb!! Its Sick!!
                    But also strange how its all come about on the same week and so close to the HMRC deadline for IR35, I wonder if they were being pursued from HMRC and tried to offset the debt back onto us..

Considering that the money comes from us in the first place, paid to those so called Umbrella Companies with a 15% cut for them providing a services which we are getting hit on by HMRC anyway.. And now they have the nerve to try and demand interest on a loan that, was our money in the first place and HMRC consider it as taxable income.!!!

Not only have we got the worry about future contract work and IR35, and the prospect of leaving our Ltd companies to go back to 'Umbrella', we have this!

I am liking what you are all discussing and from where I was wondering last night what is the point of all this when we are all trying to have lives and move on, there might be some hope..

I called my accountant and sent them my letter, they have a number of contractors on their books and are investigating this..

MattWills78 - I'm near London so I will also think about contacting Freeths.

I'm curious what John Davies is the director for Gladstones had to say...
                    Has anyone contacted Felicitas Solutions Shareholders Maurice Hazell & Adrian Sacco?

I'm definitely up for joining forces and getting one firm to dispute this..
                    Prob not wise to ignore the letters.

Comment

Oh, and by the way, John Davies is the director for Gladstones - he can be reached on <mod snip> (publicly available number) if you guys want to reach out to let him know what you think of his company and their operating practices. I have!
                      Sorry Mod - didn’t want to break forum rules! For those that want to make contact you can find the details you need on their Facebook page under About Us.

Comment

Working...
                      X