• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neveragain View Post
    I have mailed gladstones requesting information and details about this 'loan' and interest charges amongst other queries.
    Also asked them what they give as a guarantee IF I paid the 'offer' amount, not to come back again in the future.
    They have not responded.

So, if we pay this offer amount, is there likely to be another tax from HMRC for the write off of this so called unsecured ‘loan’?
    Some are saying IHT, or another?
    Follow Webberg's advice and ring him for proper advice...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I have mailed gladstones requesting information and details about this 'loan' and interest charges amongst other queries.
      Also asked them what they give as a guarantee IF I paid the 'offer' amount, not to come back again in the future.
      They have not responded.

So, if we pay this offer amount, is there likely to be another tax from HMRC for the write off of this so called unsecured ‘loan’?
      Some are saying IHT, or another?
      It's entirely possible that HMRC will argue for IHT.

We and many others believe HMRC to be wrong in that argument, but it remains untested.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post

We and many others believe HMRC to be wrong in that argument, but it remains untested.
        So I/we have to decide whether to pay the offer and risk waiting for HMRC to hit us with IHT or another tax at some point, OR, not pay the offer and risk being grabbed down the line from some other IOM company for more interest or the ‘loan’.
        Either way it’s gonna hurt and not much time left to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post

Please can you send me a private message and possibly discuss? I have called and email WTT to get initial consultation but have only had STD email response with no call back offered.
          I am one of the few possibly who has not settled yet and also received this outrageous threatening letter.

Comment

For what it's worth, I have replied to the letter and have disputed the claim using the email address supplied. Has anybody else on here who has disputed their claim received an acknowledgement?

Comment

Originally posted by NC71 View Post
              For what it's worth, I have replied to the letter and have disputed the claim using the email address supplied. Has anybody else on here who has disputed their claim received an acknowledgement?
              Only get an auto-reply saying its been received.
              I've had no replies to my emails from them.

Comment

Disputing

My deadline to pay is tomorrow although i have no intention of paying. I have also contacted WTT who've asked me to send a copy of the letter. My question is, should i dispute today or wait until i've received WTT's advice?

Comment

Thanks Never Again - just found an auto response in the spam folder

Comment

Originally posted by NC71 View Post
                    I've already written my letter disputing the debt but waiting to speak to someone in WTT first before sending it.

Comment

I had the same to my email to them

Comment

Working...
                      X