• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Several years ago one promoter asked for 10% of loans back. Those that did never saw the money again. The promoter has been struck off(for other issues) and criminal proceedings will follow.

The chances of any promoter being able to enforce is very close to zero.

IMO they are best ignored entirely.
    I agree - STAY STRONG AND DONT CAVE … Gladstones have a 1 out of 5 rating , top drawer IMO.

Look at what 2 out of 3 former employees think of Gladstonnes, I am sure going to use every bit of ammo with the SRA. "Absolutely unprofessional, unethical and ridiculous place to work the management are absolutely wicked and plot against their staff members. Stupid hours and minimum salary do not work"," Do not make the mistake of working for this work place. Everything about this place is unethical. HR will bully you & rely on the term business needs". --- COMMON THEME UNETHICAL, the SRA will be surely saying what this time? not again??? bring it on .

Comment

The Brown Envelope

My plan for next week - Do some work - 1) Monday 10am to call the "HMRC Fraud Hotline" ph. 0800 788 887 , there is a link also but last time I added one it was removed. I WILL TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM AND discuss content of all my emails since 2012 that I have categorised and key word search on compliant , above board, barristers opinion, rangers case, commissions? I be they disclosed that in their self assessments?

All those infinity solutions people too (company was dissolved 20 august 2019, I am sure they lodged all their P45's and P60's and disclosed all their commissions, 8 officers listed on the company thanks company house for making my job easy to lift names off for my spreadsheet.

Happy Saturday night Gareth Griffiths I can smell it from here, don't worry I have toilet rolls as I buy in bulk. I will stop clogging up the forum I have work to do... ONE FOR THE TEAM! Plus I will give all the names to LinkedIn to just annoy them and stop their misleading and deceptive profiles from catching more people. Giselle Whitlam-Riley also another wonderful person, and the list goes on. Bless you gmail!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JayBoogieToday View Post
        I agree - STAY STRONG AND DONT CAVE … Gladstones have a 1 out of 5 rating , top drawer IMO.

Look at what 2 out of 3 former employees think of Gladstonnes, I am sure going to use every bit of ammo with the SRA. "Absolutely unprofessional, unethical and ridiculous place to work the management are absolutely wicked and plot against their staff members. Stupid hours and minimum salary do not work"," Do not make the mistake of working for this work place. Everything about this place is unethical. HR will bully you & rely on the term business needs". --- COMMON THEME UNETHICAL, the SRA will be surely saying what this time? not again??? bring it on .
        A friend of mine also suggested SRA. These loan repayments are flying a kite.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBoogieToday
          I second this … I used the template provided and I'm glad I did, learning all the time, I WILL SHARE ALL MY FINDINGS, the FCA in the IOM have been awesome and detailed in their response so far. And the Citizens Advice Bureau also.
          Are you able to share the FCAIOM response?

Comment

Just a note, I’m happy for people to place links but use ‘dot’ instead of ‘.’
            Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 22:05.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Good to know ! Cheers ! You don’t miss a trick !
              Last edited by Contractor UK; 12 January 2021, 22:06.

Comment

Originally posted by JayBoogieToday
                I sent them answers to 10 questions on Friday afternoon to aid them with their investigation . I will get an update tomorrow, they were very keen and the response was detailed asking probing questions which you’d expect . I was impressed they responded 20 minutes after my contact . The more that get on and do this the better . We all need to pump effort into this to shake the sht out of them . Give them the same grief they have given us . I have also progressed getting their LinkedIn profiles removed . I look forward to the SRA and FCA uk responses . Shame I have to wait 7 more weeks for the legal ombudsman as you need to give the Ambulance chasers 8 weeks by law . The questions were pretty much why are you lodging a complaint on what grounds and what proof do you have . I wrote a story !!! Sack of S I’ve got toilet paper rolls ! And I’ll give you something to put in your pipe
                Seeing as Felicitas are based in Malta, isn’t there a FCA for Malta? Shouldn’t we be reporting them there too?

Comment

True

Originally posted by Wazza1882 View Post
                  Seeing as Felicitas are based in Malta, isn’t there a FCA for Malta? Shouldn’t we be reporting them there too?
                  True, I have contacted them also. I hope others do the same! Get on them everyone... The first post in this chain of messages is very helpful unravelling the trail of entities so I am searching for every known link Wazza , do let me know if I am missing anything else.
                  Last edited by JayBoogieToday; 9 February 2020, 20:09. Reason: Forgot some detail oops.

Comment

Stand Strong.

Hi All

Thank you for your posts. The information you have all provided is both reassuring and very helpful. I am keeping tracks on this thread on behalf of my wife who has paid all due tax to the HMRC form the so called contractor loans and thought that was the end of the issue.

I have spoken to a few accountants and financial advisers over the past few days who are all saying the same as previous posts (Ignore or dispute but definitely do not pay).

In my eyes these loans were paid off before they were issued and I would be surprised if any judge in the land saw this racket as anything other than a fraud.

Please keep me posted on any Big Group action. I will be reporting all those involved in chasing this debt to all Authorities mentioned in this thread first thing in the morning.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally posted by Scrogbank View Post
                      Are WWT able to advise whether these schemes have ever been declared illegal?
                      We've been sort of mentioned (if mis-spelt) so I'll answer.

Tax arrangements are rarely "illegal" if by that you mean that some action not permitted by law has been used to make them work.

Tax arrangements are therefore defined (loosely) by words such as effective, ineffective, abusive, evasive.

Nobody really knows where a scheme sits in the above range until a Judge says so.

Promoters will claim that schemes are "effective" and simultaneously HMRC will say that they are "abusive".

They will therefore hold different views until the Judge decides.

That is where there schemes are right now. Nobody knows if the claimed tax effect is real or not.

The tax status of the scheme DOES NOT detract from the legal effect of the agreements you signed.

Mixing the tax situation and that of the various obligations you committed to, will just confuse you. THEY ARE NOT RELATED.

There are many ways in which the obligation you signed up for (to repay the loan etc) may be invalid. Many of these reasons don't need to reference the tax scenario. Those that do will require your adviser to be aware of both sides of this equation.

Equally no amount of finger pointing and making comments as to the personal or corporate integrity of people or firms connected to this shambles is actually going to help.

You need to be dispassionate about this.

You should be asking, not if the scheme was legal or otherwise, because as mentioned you will now know for perhaps a year or more, but rather do the documents you signed have flaws or were you under duress or coercion when you signed them. If the answer to the second part of that question is "no", then focus on the law around the contracts signed. Then think about the money flow at the time.
                      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                      X