• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Consultants, Felicitas Solutions, ECS Trustees - loan repayment demands

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Sadly as has to be pointed out, just because it's morally bankrupt doesn't make it illegal - it is completely legal. Likewise you may not have paperwork regarding the loans but that doesn't matter as receipt of payment without query is enough to show acceptance. The darwin paperwork posted a few pages back tells me how Darwin got the money and how you got some of it back, it doesn't tell me anything about how the rest of the money you received got back to you.

The thing was that tax schemes were a rich man's game until sadly a few people discovered how to make a lot of money from taking advantage of people by scaring them about IR35 and tricking into anything that gave them a bit more money. And these really weren't people you should trust and given that there is little money left to make selling schemes it seems they wish to collect money another way.

Someone asked on Friday what I think you should do - having given it a lot of thought - if there is a 5% deal still on the table and I got confirmation:

1) that it would be considered complete payment (so find a decent lawyer)
    2) it didn't trigger expensive IHT issues (get WTT / ETC to check)

I would be trying to find the money to pay that bill.

And I know it's going to hurt like hell to pay them a penny but it's probably better than the other options - as unless a mod tells me things that differ from my opinions of the weekend I suspect court cases are going to start and once they do you will be repaying 100% of the money that was lent to you, possibly with interest and court costs on top
    So by the sounds of it, in my case anyway (as I don't have the means of paying 5% or funding a solicitor), I'm going to lose everything to pay for someone's retirement.

What pains me the most is that I have emails from them saying this would never happen, and I believed them.

Comment

Originally posted by Whowouldhavethought View Post
      So by the sounds of it, in my case anyway (as I don't have the means of paying 5% or funding a solicitor), I'm going to lose everything to pay for someone's retirement.

What pains me the most is that I have emails from them saying this would never happen, and I believed them.
      From whom and what relationship do those emailers have with the current and previous trustees of the trust(s).

A Decent paper trail may protect you but I don't know enough to say what a good enough paper trail would look like.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

From whom and what relationship do those emailers have with the current and previous trustees of the trust(s).

A Decent paper trail may protect you but I don't know enough to say what a good enough paper trail would look like.
        It was an employee of the scheme provider.

I have everything with ETC who are looking at the evidence provided, however thats now starting to seem futile.

How would one go about finding a solicitor to support them with this type of case if you have limited funds?
        Last edited by Whowouldhavethought; 17 August 2020, 20:45.

Comment

Be very wary and suspicious of new posters offering advice
          I think people should be very wary of you, suggesting it might be better to pay up the offers!

Who the hell are you anyway. Your posts are so very biased!

Comment

Originally posted by Tezz View Post
            I think people should be very wary of you, suggesting it might be better to pay up the offers!

Who the hell are you anyway. Your posts are so very biased!
            Really - Would you care to explain how the revokable trust you signed your income away to works? And how to identify who the beneficiaries currently are? And how much they REALLY wish to recover from you?

You may not like what I posting but that doesn't mean what I'm posting is inaccurate.

But continue in your dream world while praying I'm wrong - sadly I suspect and fear (for Felicitas's victims) that I won't be..

Comment

Really - Would you care to explain how the revokable trust you signed your income away to works? And how to identify who the beneficiaries currently are? And how much they REALLY wish to recover from you?

You may not like what I posting but that doesn't mean what I'm posting is inaccurate.

But continue in your dream world while praying I'm wrong - sadly I suspect and fear (for Felicitas's victims) that I won't be..
              Unless you are a qualified legal expert in any particular field, the advice and information you give on here is totally unacceptable and most certain untrustworthy. People would be most definitely better off to give your information a very wide berth and seek real help form a reputable company.
              Stop trying to incite fear and worry people!
              You are either a scammer in disguise or someone who just wants to cause trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Whowouldhavethought View Post
                It was an employee of the scheme provider.

I have everything with ETC who are looking at the evidence provided, however thats now starting to seem futile.

How would one go about finding a solicitor to support them with this type of case if you have limited funds?
                I don't know - I'm not impacted as I knew enough about schemes to avoid them
                Given that you have been dealing with etc have they said anything?

Comment

They are still looking at my case.

My conversations to date have been quite encouraging, however reading your posts, it seems like there is no way out of it.

Comment

I trust what etc have told me and they are professional. As you are not involved and never have been, most people on here would be better off not listening to your fear marketing, and taking advice from a professional advisor.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezz View Post
                      Unless you are a qualified legal expert in any particular field, the advice and information you give on here is totally unacceptable and most certain untrustworthy. People would be most definitely better off to give your information a very wide berth and seek real help form a reputable company.
                      Stop trying to incite fear and worry people!
                      Once again Please go and correct anything I've got factually wrong with links to the appropriate part of Isle of Mann trust law -as I believe everything I've posted is correct

You may not like what I've posted but I'm trying to shatter the illusions that some posters here still have that everything is fine - the reality is that you've been tricked by scammers who are after everything they can get and they can legally get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X