• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Loan charge review - Government response is here

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hmrcvictim View Post
    Hello,

I left UK in 2017.

I have had loans prior to 9th December 2010.

I don't have any protected / open years or enquiries.

I filed 2018-19 SATR last year after loan charge changes were made after the election. I thought that I was off the hook and didn't declare anything loan charge related in that return.

This month, I am in the process of filing 2019-20 SATR (just for rental income).

However, HMRC still sent me a letter (received today) about submitting 2018-19 SATR.

Do I have to submit (actually, re-submit) 2018-19 SATR even if I have no protected / open years or enquiries and all my loans were before 9th December 2010? No

Please help.

Thanks !
    Because all your loans are (a) prior to 9/12/2010 and (b) unprotected, you are totally in the clear.
    Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
      Because all your loans are (a) prior to 9/12/2010 and (b) unprotected, you are totally in the clear.
      Thanks - interesting that HMRC still continues to use threatening language. I guess, they will never learn.

Comment

Working...
      X