• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment from way back 2015/16. Missing P60... Help please!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment from way back 2015/16. Missing P60... Help please!!

Hello forum.

First time poster here and in a definate pickle!!

I have received a letter off the HMRC ask for a self assessment for 2015/16 tax year.

Now baring in mind ignorance was bliss. I was happy to go along and collect my loan agreements without thinking about the consequences. Not knowing about the Loan charge and believing Umbrella companies everything was going to be okay. Now the chickens have definately come home to roost and I need to fix this situation pronto and pay my tax and NI for that year.

The issue is the company I used was Opus Payroll Services. I have searched online and I can't find any contact details. The ones I have found have all been deadends. How can I pay the without a P60?

Please help!! I am in the process of contacting a accountant for advice.

If you do not have P60 (year end pay and tax details) then you can ask HMRC to supply them. A simple SAR should do that.

Or Ian Richardson of Grant Thornton is acting as liquidator of a number of companies that are connected with or related to the Opus group of companies can be contacted and he might have the information you need.

If these fail, you can make an estimate.

Go to your bank accounts and separate salary from loan and make the best estimate you can, noting the fact that it is an estimate.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
      If you do not have P60 (year end pay and tax details) then you can ask HMRC to supply them. A simple SAR should do that.

Or Ian Richardson of Grant Thornton is acting as liquidator of a number of companies that are connected with or related to the Opus group of companies can be contacted and he might have the information you need.

If these fail, you can make an estimate.

Go to your bank accounts and separate salary from loan and make the best estimate you can, noting the fact that it is an estimate.
      I know exactly howmuch I earned and what contributions I made going through my bank statements and my government gateway tax figures. Will the HMRC be happy with these figures without the employer payroll service details?

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        Ian Richardson of Grant Thornton is acting as liquidator of a number of companies that are connected with or related to the Opus group of companies can be contacted and he might have the information you need.
        This isn't one of mine - I've referred the OP to David Lantry of Invoke Accountants in Douglas, who should be able to point him in the right direction

Comment

Working...
        X