• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Infinity contractors services employee benefit trust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infinity contractors services employee benefit trust

Has anyone else received letter today asking for interest to be paid from 1 August 2019 or to have loans written off on or before 31 July?

Any advice would be welcomed

Originally posted by Socialsarah73 View Post
    Has anyone else received letter today asking for interest to be paid from 1 August 2019 or to have loans written off on or before 31 July?

Yes After a few weeks of back and forth emails they said interest would be chargeable after Aug 1!

Anyone any new news?

Comment

Any BG members reading this, please see the resources section of the forum.

Any non members you will need to get advance and get organised.

This is mainly a legal matter although it does have some tax implications. As such a knowledgeable law firm is what you need.

Do not:

1. Assume that because HMRC is claiming that the money is "income" it cannot be a loan

2. Assume that a Court would find that this is not a loan

3. Rely on the bloke down the pub or anonymous posters here, being correct

I suggest that you start by asking whomever wrote to you to:

a. explain who/what they are

b. prove that they have requisite authority by showing you copies of agreements

c. show you a signed - by all parties -copy of any agreement that establishes obligation

Once you have more and better information you can decide what to do.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

BG

how do I become a member of BG?

Comment

Originally posted by matteire View Post
          how do I become a member of BG?
          You should be asking "why do I want to be in BG", now "how".

BG was formed to find a negotiated settlement. We could not do that. We are now gearing for litigation and expect to be in Tribunal later this year.

Therefore you need to be in a position to benefit from the argument we are taking.

In other words:

1. you do not wish to settle
          2. you have years under enquiry and/or are facing the loan charge
          3. you understand the risks of litigation
          4. you understand that there will be a cost (to join and contribute to fees)

Part of our activity is to push for loan write off/forgiveness and to deal with some of the interference being put up by promoters and their advisers.

That is strictly outside BG but is a service we offer, to date for no additional cost unless it requires expert legal or insolvency advice.

So think "why"?

Then "how" is search WTT Big Group.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hi, the letter you received from Infinity, did they instruct you to pay a standing order monthly through DOR?

Comment

Hi, the letter you received from Infinity, did they instruct you to pay a standing order monthly through DOR?
              In my opinion, paying Infinity (or any other "lender") is good money after bad.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Yes although the standing order appear to be for the interest only. I have again made a subject access request to gain all information they hold on me including email as previous request via TLH only provided details of IQ. No response yet thou.

Comment

Yes although the standing order appear to be for the interest only. I have again made a subject access request to gain all information they hold on me including email as previous request via TLH only provided details of IQ. No response yet thou.
                  See this tweet that Phil Manley has commented on. Seems that tax advisors broadly agree on this. Ignore.

Twitter / ?

Comment

Have they responded yet? Tempted to do the same myself.

Comment

Working...
                    X