• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New loan charge letters from HMRC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    Are you utterly helpless. Do some of your own legwork. Not up to other people to wait on you hand and foot.

Cut and paste what "para 35A Schedule 11 Finance (No 2) Act 2017" and you are taken straight to it. It reads like utter gobbledygook to me but it's right there.
    Thank you for your valuable input. It has been noted. Are you Iliketax's Mum by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Thin White Duke View Post
      Thank you for your valuable input.
      I'm glad you've got it sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
        Thanks

Comment

As I thought; basically no need to disclose anything if you did not have an outstanding loan at either 5/4/19 or 16/3/16.

Comment

As I thought; basically no need to disclose anything if you did not have an outstanding loan at either 5/4/19 or 16/3/16.
            Great. Now just collate your evidence of repayment for when HMRC enquire into your 2018/19 tax return.

Comment

Thanks. I may just be in the lucky 0.1%.
              Out of interest, when you pay back the loan, i assume the funds go back with the trustees? Is that right? Did you pay the loan back to avoid the Loan Charge or for another reason? If the former, what advantage did that have over paying the loan charge (or settling)?

And do you expect the funds to sit with the trustee in perpetuity now, or do you have a plan to extract the funds in future?

I realise you may not want to answer since HMRC will be reading this

Comment

Great. Now just collate your evidence of repayment for when HMRC enquire into your 2018/19 tax return.
                So many assumptions...

Comment

So many assumptions...
                  Sorry, I just assumed you had evidence.

Comment

Sorry, I just assumed you had evidence.
                    I do... but you are making other assumptions. I'm being vague due to who may be watching.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      Out of interest, when you pay back the loan, i assume the funds go back with the trustees? Is that right? Did you pay the loan back to avoid the Loan Charge or for another reason? If the former, what advantage did that have over paying the loan charge (or settling)?

And do you expect the funds to sit with the trustee in perpetuity now, or do you have a plan to extract the funds in future?

I realise you may not want to answer since HMRC will be reading this
                      Maybe you are HMRC double bluffing?

Comment

Working...
                      X