• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any settlement figures yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any settlement figures yet?

Thousands of people registered and sent in data (where available) to HMRC well before the deadline for CLSO2. So would be surprised if there weren't at least a small number of settlement figures already sent out from HMRC.

Are we aware of any?

Or is HMRC taking its usual, predictable action of preparing the brown envelopes just in time for Christmas?

Still waiting

Not yet - have been told to expect something by late December, although they didn't specify the year.

And judging by the fact that they still can't even get the basics, such as my name, correct, I have little faith in them calculating the correct settlement amount.

Comment

I had that late December note too. I’m guessing they’ll put on a red suit and a big white beard and will pop in my Christmas stocking on Christmas Eve.

Comment

Originally posted by howcanigetyoualoan View Post
        I had that late December note too.
        +1.

Good old Robert is "currently calculating" my figures and expects to deliver late December. He's not a particularly quick worker given I've only loans in a single tax year.

Comment

Settlement

Yes I got mine week before last! Good news is that I am being allowed 118 months to pay it off at £100 per month which is what I said I can afford...but that includes £2000 interest!

Comment

Originally posted by panders View Post
            Yes I got mine week before last! Good news is that I am being allowed 118 months to pay it off at £100 per month which is what I said I can afford...but that includes £2000 interest!

I received my settlement figures on Friday. How did you negotiate time to pay? Did you just simply send back the instalment offer papers or speak to them on the phone?

Comment

The correspondence included installment arrangements as I said in my "pack" what I could afford to repay. I just need to sign and return the offer made within 30 days. The offer is then subject to "Commissioner acceptance" and I will apparently be given advice on how to set up the direct debit. I first instalment is due in April 2019.

Comment

IHT?

The correspondence included installment arrangements as I said in my "pack" what I could afford to repay. I just need to sign and return the offer made within 30 days. The offer is then subject to "Commissioner acceptance" and I will apparently be given advice on how to set up the direct debit. I first instalment is due in April 2019.
                Interested to hear if IHT was included in your settlement (although I understand this is only considered where you state you are looking to have the "loans" written off).

Comment

Sorry I don't know what IHT is?

Comment

Sorry I don't know what IHT is?
                    Sorry - inheritance tax. HMRC crooks are trying to charge us IHT where the loans are being written-off, as if we are in some way benefitting from this. I have heard that some of those settling have had this included in their settlement letters.

But it will only be there (I understand) if you ticked the box in your Pack indicating you are looking to get the loans written-off within 30 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X