• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Could you send me a Settlement Pack?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you send me a Settlement Pack?

Regarding today's (30 September) deadline for the disguised remuneration, I don't have the settlement pack.

Could someone kindly provide it (e.g. share the spreadsheet Google Drive via public link or whatever)?

My story so far, anyone with any thoughts on this?
    1. HMRC sent me a letter in 2015 about loans, disguised remuneration
    2. I responded to that letter quickly, to appeal
    3. I received a letter soon after from HMRC, still in 2015, confirming the appeal
    4. I never heard from HMRC about loans ever again
    5. Almost three years later, on Friday, I called HMRC's office for income tax inquiries said they cannot handle it and I must call 03000 534 226
    6. 03000 534 226 - HMRC's contractor helpline - tried that multiple times and each time, the call eventually disconnects [seems like a fixed 3 minute timeout]
    7. Then I found 03000 530 435 on their web site and that call terminates immediately, they never answer
    8. For a legal written paper trial, I emailed them on Friday [email protected] stating who I'd been in touch with at the income tax inquires call center
    9. No reply to my email to [email protected], deadline is today, and I don't have the settlement pack!

Originally posted by HelpWanted View Post
    Regarding today's (30 September) deadline for the disguised remuneration, I don't have the settlement pack.

Could someone kindly provide it (e.g. share the spreadsheet Google Drive via public link or whatever)?

My story so far, anyone with any thoughts on this?
    1. HMRC sent me a letter in 2015 about loans, disguised remuneration
    2. I responded to that letter quickly, to appeal
    3. I received a letter soon after from HMRC, still in 2015, confirming the appeal
    4. I never heard from HMRC about loans ever again
    5. Almost three years later, on Friday, I called HMRC's office for income tax inquiries said they cannot handle it and I must call 03000 534 226
    6. 03000 534 226 - HMRC's contractor helpline - tried that multiple times and each time, the call eventually disconnects [seems like a fixed 3 minute timeout]
    7. Then I found 03000 530 435 on their web site and that call terminates immediately, they never answer
    8. For a legal written paper trial, I emailed them on Friday [email protected] stating who I'd been in touch with at the income tax inquires call center
    9. No reply to my email to [email protected], deadline is today, and I don't have the settlement pack!
    In the first instance you don't need to use a spreadsheet. They need name, NI number, UTR and years/loan amounts. You can supply these in plaint text email if you want. There are reports that the email address is rejecting email with attachments anyway. Probably best to give the minimum required info at the moment anyway.

in regard to your points. HMRC are useless and it's all your fault. That's the way they roll.

Comment

Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
      There are reports that the email address is rejecting email with attachments anyway.
      Where did you get that from? I submitted email(s) with attachments, and non gone rejected. Just the usual auto-response saying how busy they are etc.

Comment

Originally posted by kryten22uk View Post
        Where did you get that from? I submitted email(s) with attachments, and non gone rejected. Just the usual auto-response saying how busy they are etc.
        LCAG. Maybe just been happening yesterday/today . Plain emails getting through and getting auto response but not ones with attached spreadsheets. Several people tried.

Comment

OK... I could email them the info as plain text, but it would be great if someone could provide the settlement pack (e.g. share the spreadsheet on Dropbox public link or Google Drive public link)?

It's maybe more reassuring that what I send tonight to HMRC is in the format of the "settlement pack" spreadsheet that they want.

Comment

Working...
          X