• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Completing HMRC Settlement Pack

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completing HMRC Settlement Pack

I am in the process of completing the settlement pack as issued by HMRC so I can settle my tax affairs.

The settlement pack has a number of tabs and I'm not sure on a few of the questions (I have tried contacting HMRC for advice but can't get through so I am hoping someone on here can offer advice).

Instalment Form tab

1. How do I prove that my current salary is less than £50,000 per annum and what is taken into consideration when calculating this (salary, expenses, dividends?)
    2. The tab has questions about other payment arrangements in place, is this for loans/credit cards? or anything else? Other than stating yes, what information may I be asked for?

Additional Info tab

1. Income - What do I put here? my salary?
    2. Other Income - What goes here? My dividends?
    3. On the form there is a section for household bills and mortgage/rent but what about other outgoings like the car payment, car tax, insurance, fuel, etc or insurances/pension payments, subscriptions, etc .. where do I record this information so that HMRC get a true picture of my outgoings?

Thanks in advance for any advice you may be able to provide.

Working...
X