• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ Contracts/ Darwin/ Winchester contact

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Your best bet is to get your personal bank statements and work it out from them

The loan will be a separate transaction to any salary, etc, that they might have paid you, and probably from a different bank account.
    I have this information from my bank but I am also keen to understand what information the trust holds/ has declared to HMRC. Just trying to be forearmed with all the information as part of a settlement.

Comment

Originally posted by BankingContract0r View Post
      I have this information from my bank but I am also keen to understand what information the trust holds/ has declared to HMRC. Just trying to be forearmed with all the information as part of a settlement.
      Why?

If you have "better" information and can prove it, why would you be bothered by what the trust says.

If the aim is to give or allow HMRC to use a value you know to be incorrect, that is very dangerous ground.

At the moment, if you do want verification then it looks like THL is your only option.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        Why?

If you have "better" information and can prove it, why would you be bothered by what the trust says.

If the aim is to give or allow HMRC to use a value you know to be incorrect, that is very dangerous ground.

At the moment, if you do want verification then it looks like THL is your only option.
        I am slowly moving from denial, disbelief and despair to acceptance and trying to rationalise an approach to moving forward.

A part of which is to understand what liability I would have outstanding post settlement with HMRC – something I admit to burying my head in sand about until now. Ideally I would like to have all of this information before finalising my decision to settle - which may also mean taking legal advice.

Everything about the people involved in these schemes, from the trusts to the grave diggers wanting to profit from holding information shows they have no empathy.

Comment

I still have my timesheets and can work out what my loan was, however IQ also paid my expenses back through the loan and wouldn’t separate them, so I’m going to get stung for that too I guess. 😞

Comment

Originally posted by Volks View Post
            I still have my timesheets and can work out what my loan was, however IQ also paid my expenses back through the loan and wouldn’t separate them, so I’m going to get stung for that too I guess. 😞
            HMRC are likely to accept any reasonable estimate.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
            X