• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

see them in court if need be!

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
    Which is quite amusing given that the people running THL are the same people who ran Garraway etc. and promised us all that the loans 'weren't real' and therefore the loans couldn't be recalled. Anyone got a loan recently?

I'm sorry jxtractor - but you are obviously a THL representative, the line from you:

"spending 50-minutes going back and forth to a number of their departments,"

is desperate. Really? THL towers isn't really stocked with 100s of call handlers.

THL are vile, they made their 15% on the initial offering. The stress caused by these schemes has seen suicides, broken marriages and homes ripped apart. Yet THL and Baker Tilly now see an opportunity to make more money from those who are, in essence, now victims. I really wonder how Baker Tilly International will react when they push more people over the edge and their names start appearing in the papers and Parliament.

Can't you just let the rest of us try and put our lives back together?

For anyone else who thinks that paying THL 5% (soon to be 10%).
    Don't.
    You're being conned.
    Again.

Read the THL emails, read the THL trolls on here and you will see a kindergarten attempt at emulating the nudge unit to make money out of the very real misery that has already destroyed enough lives.

better to see them in court! hope they do turn up and will get a chance to 'discuss' things personally!

Comment

Originally posted by Contractor2999 View Post
      There's a good point, isn't it time we started contacting the papers? It's fairly easy to see Baker Tilly is at the root of a lot of this based on some googling. Reporters with more resources would be able to dig deeper. Think it's time Baker Tilly started feeling some pain!!!

Suggest someone contact Radio 4 Money Box program - Money Box had discussed the Contractor Loan Schemes's and HMRC loan charge in this Saturdays program - they would likely be interested in how BakerTilley/Promoters are behaving.

Comment

Which is quite amusing given that the people running THL are the same people who ran Garraway etc. and promised us all that the loans 'weren't real' and therefore the loans couldn't be recalled. Anyone got a loan recently?

I'm sorry jxtractor - but you are obviously a THL representative, the line from you:

"spending 50-minutes going back and forth to a number of their departments,"

is desperate. Really? THL towers isn't really stocked with 100s of call handlers.
        Agree - all readers of the site need to be aware that anyone can sign up here, so information should be seen through a very cynical lens.

The LCAG forum on the other hand requires people to prove they are "victims" before being given access - you won't see any support for THL on there!

Comment

'loan' not appearing on my credit score

I am torn whether to pay THL as there doesn't seem to be an answer one way or another yet whether Baker Tilly will go after repayment of the loans and whether they will win. And in a few days they are doubling their fee to write off the loan.

One thing influencing me was that it would be bad to have the whole 'loan' on my credit report/score. But it's not on there. It also doesn't look like Baker Tilly or their fronts ever checked my credit.

Anyone know if the absence of this 'loan' that means anything relevant or has any bearing? I'm assuming not, but you never know.

Links for requesting free credit reports:
          Get A statutory credit report| Equifax UK
          Statutory Credit Report | TransUnion (formerly Callcredit)
          Statutory Credit Report | Experian

Please note these don't seem fully trustable - my Experian score is vastly different on my account and via Money Saving Expert! And I haven't worked out why yet - but these are the three main sources used by lenders.
          Last edited by Bemi; 25 February 2019, 15:48. Reason: Type vested > whether

Comment

Originally posted by Bemi View Post
            I am torn whether to pay THL as there doesn't seem to be an answer one way or another yet whether Baker Tilly will go after repayment of the loans and whether they will win. And in a few days they are doubling their fee to write off the loan.

One thing influencing me was that it would be bad to have the whole 'loan' on my credit report/score. But it's not on there. It also doesn't look like Baker Tilly or their fronts ever checked my credit.

Anyone know if the absence of this 'loan' that means anything relevant or has any bearing? I'm assuming not, but you never know.

Links for requesting free credit reports:
            Get A statutory credit report| Equifax UK
            Statutory Credit Report | TransUnion (formerly Callcredit)
            Statutory Credit Report | Experian

Please note these don't seem fully trustable - my Experian score is vastly different on my account and via Money Saving Expert! And I haven't worked out why yet - but these are the three main sources used by lenders.
            You're kidding right? If your mate loaned you a fiver that wouldn't appear on Equifax or Experian because it isn't a regulated loan.

You can be 100% certain that the 'non-loans', as Sanzar described them, you took from these tw@s will never appear on your credit file.
            I know this for a fact.

What is more, a debt-collection agency will not report debt collection on non-regulated loans to Experian or Equifax.

Any attempt by THL or Baker Tilly to say that they are able to send such info to the agencies is extortion.

These guys charged you 15% to administer a scheme that worked on the premise that the loans were false.
            You were conned then, don't fall for it again.
            Last edited by jbryce; 25 February 2019, 18:02. Reason: It is extortion.

Comment

These guys charged you 15% to administer a scheme that worked on the premise that the loans were false.
              You were conned then, don't fall for it again.
              It worked on the premise that the loans were a legal way to reduce your tax burden. As has been covered multiple times in this and other threads, the loans are themselves technically legitimate and it is possible that they will be recalled, and possible that you would lose any legal challenge.

I don't think anyone, including Baker Tilly, knows what the outcome will actually be. On a 'weighing up risks' level I was ready to pay them their blood money and be done with this, but now I'm there I haven't yet been able to bring myself to give these bastards more of my money.

Comment

It worked on the premise that the loans were a legal way to reduce your tax burden. As has been covered multiple times in this and other threads, the loans are themselves technically legitimate and it is possible that they will be recalled, and possible that you would lose any legal challenge.

I don't think anyone, including Baker Tilly, knows what the outcome will actually be. On a 'weighing up risks' level I was ready to pay them their blood money and be done with this, but now I'm there I haven't yet been able to bring myself to give these bastards more of my money.
                Oh dear, of course, you haven't been able to part with your money. Your posts seem to be very worried about the loans, I'd worry more about HMRC.

And of course weighing the risks you were prepared to pay their 'blood money' - but then you hopefully read the professional advice and HMRC spotlight - all of whom told you not to pay the money.

Then you worried about Equifax and Experian - believing that the 'loans' would end up on your Credit File and - and, guess what, they won't.

You need to try a little harder. Perhaps Bexit can be averted if we all pay THL 10%?

Comment

Oh dear, of course, you haven't been able to part with your money. Your posts seem to be very worried about the loans, I'd worry more about HMRC.p

And of course weighing the risks you were prepared to pay their 'blood money' - but then you hopefully read the professional advice and HMRC spotlight - all of whom told you not to pay the money.

Then you worried about Equifax and Experian - believing that the 'loans' would end up on your Credit File and - and, guess what, they won't.

You need to try a little harder. Perhaps Bexit can be averted if we all pay THL 10%?
                  I'm loving the sarcasm to knowledge ratio, but I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

Love for you to prove me wrong - seriously, it would save me a lot of money, time, stress and anger.

So please, be a helpful little ball of rage and point me to:
                  A) the contract or trust law experts saying it's safe to assume we will never have to repay the loans
                  B) The bit of spotlight where HMRC state that paying the loan charge has any impact whatsoever on the loan itself (rather than just your tax liabilities on it)

I eagerly await your wisdom
                  Last edited by Bemi; 25 February 2019, 21:47. Reason: I can't type: barn > ball

Comment

I'm loving the sarcasm to knowledge ratio, but I don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

Love for you to prove me wrong - seriously, it would save me a lot of money, time, stress and anger.

So please, be a helpful little ball of rage and point me to:
                    A) the contract or trust law experts saying it's safe to assume we will never have to repay the loans
                    B) The bit of spotlight where HMRC state that paying the loan charge has any impact whatsoever on the loan itself (rather than just your tax liabilities on it)

I eagerly await your wisdom
                    My most sage and honest advice to you is to go ahead and pay THL. You, Jxtractor and DozyBastard are the only people who will and then you can rest easy and move on in your lives (and can stop littering the forums with pontifications that this is a credible thing to do). Everyone else caught up in this realise that this is a scam and are doing the sensible thing and ignoring THL, but not you 3.

Comment

What's really sh*tty is that I've barely referred to THL in all of this -- and some have assumed I WILL PAY UP. I've quoted HMRC.

I am NOT THL. I am still unsure of my legal position for the loans. Yes, I might get away with getting legal advice for my peace of mind that these loans will not be recounted -- but still looking in this forum for any legal opinions (not sure -- that might be against the rules?)

I am naive and for the most part as in my short career I mostly have been a permanent employee. I have an issue with being a part of a trust managed in the Channel Islands. I would not have had a problem with the hangover if HMRC was more assertive about the fact that these Deeds are a scam or to suggest some general legal advice to people affected.

I hope I can reach out to your intelligence when I reiterate that I strictly refer to HMRC's own articles where they clean their hands of the loan situation and the so called deeds.

To report, I have now received these deeds and an invoice -- im playing along with dorresolutions for educational purposes. I have no intention at the present moment to pay it off, not until I am sure about my legal position. But for anyone that is curious... a zip file is sent with the deeds and an email with instructions.

I wonder if I can attach it somehow or host it (scrubbing out my personal details) -- for people who are curious as to what these 'deeds' look like that are being offered by THL. I haven't come across them in these forums.

At the risk of Yet-another-WAR AND PEACE - I'm going to stop typing until I reach out to some lawyer friends on the loan situation, as I'm just going round in circles.

Comment

Working...
                      X