• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trust help line email help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone shed any light on this

Can any shed any light on the correspondence I recieved from the trust helpline. I had stupidly logged on and gave details (thou they haven’t undertaken in my view an adequate check) would help if someone could clarify what constitutes a minimum I’d check is legally required.

This month there seems to be an increased pressure with the following correspondences

1/2/19 - most want their loans written offer - HMRC have asked us whether you've had your loans released. We'll reply shortly to let them know that as at today, your loans were still outstanding. We just wanted to let you know as a matter of courtesy.

On the 5/2/19 - HMRC extends settlement opportunity- further email saying have until 15/3/19 to take them up on offer - loads of people

Then today - repayment increases frim5% to 10% The trustees took a decision yesterday that, in order for the trusts to remain viable, the amounts written off would have to reduce from 95% to 90% and now only until 1/3/19

Clearly scare tactics although I am wondering why they are changing date to secure deed of release - can anyone offer light on this?

I do not plan to secure a deed of release - the trustees have yet to provide me with my request information to help me make an informed decision. Eg agreement.

Comment

Got the same - numerous times - forget them (trying to block them) - how the heck have they come up with this 5% amount! and now 10%!! I do not see any legal framework around this with no contact information - basically, nothing - as far as I know I am basiclaly paying some random company that have shown no legal competency in any way; I have enough problems to deal with HMRC then these idiots.

That "DOR Resolutions Limited" - google it, nothing shows up - they seem non-existent and putting down "Baker Tilly" is just them trying to get some cred (bet if you phoned Baker Tilly they will tell them to **** off) - if they wanted anything concrete then write to us with official documentation and legal bits - heck, they just email and text - not sure how that is official correspondence of demand to pay.

Granted, they seem to have the amounts they were "paid" - however, that probably all the same guy having various schemes - they need to show us first the small print of what we agreed with these "loans" and then work on that with payment advice. Stuff them....

Comment

Originally posted by lara400 View Post
        ... putting down "Baker Tilly" is just them trying to get some cred (bet if you phoned Baker Tilly they will tell them to **** off)
        For what it's worth, I did ring Baker Tilly in the IOM because I wanted a statement of my loans and I was told I needed to email Trust Help Line. Webberg has posted multiple times on here that THL is the legit representative of the trustees. Whether you should do what they're asking is a different thing, of course. We all need to make our own decisions about that. Personally, I've taken the plunge and will report back if and when I get the signed deeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozy Bastard View Post
          For what it's worth, I did ring Baker Tilly in the IOM because I wanted a statement of my loans and I was told I needed to email Trust Help Line. Webberg has posted multiple times on here that THL is the legit representative of the trustees. Whether you should do what they're asking is a different thing, of course. We all need to make our own decisions about that. Personally, I've taken the plunge and will report back if and when I get the signed deeds.

Dozy Bastard is raising my suspicions, new poster defending Trust helpline

Comment

Thinking the same...definitly some defending going on!

For some reason I had a cr@p night thinking about this - I have a settlement offer from HMRC and have taken it - (just need to pay it off now!)... now these idiots are asking for write down the loans - the amount they are asking is more then what HMRC in some years have asked for - the hell I am paying them a dime.

One query though (which is why I had the bad night) - I know a few years back Monpeillier started asking their contractors to pay back the loan - just wondering if this is something that could get asked in this situation? What happenes later in the year and these idiots decide that we have to start repaying the loan - I have no idea where we stand on that front - I also have no idea if Monpellier contractors did pay - I know one guy I read paid 10% loan payback and then demanded for the money back but that went AWOL...ie, I don't think anyone paid anything but not sure what the outcome was on that?

I just don't want the hassle of settling with HMRC and then these idiots start asking for loan re-payment - which means they effectivly admit to desguished earning or whatever HMRC call it....

Comment

Originally posted by Socialsarah73 View Post

1/2/19 - most want their loans written offer - HMRC have asked us whether you've had your loans released. We'll reply shortly to let them know that as at today, your loans were still outstanding. We just wanted to let you know as a matter of courtesy.
              If you phone the HMRC helpline they'll tell you that they don't/wouldn't speak to THL and wouldn't ask about whether loans have been repaid / settled.

Also: Dozy B..definitely seems to be a THL rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Dozy Bastard View Post
                Heh, no way. I don't know if I did the right thing in paying them but if I did then my timing was good.

I guess you see it differently, but aren't you worried that if the amount can go from 5% to 10%, it can eventually go to 100%? And that they might be prepared to take it all the way to court?

I haven't got the message you copied, presumably because I've already sent my deeds and my payment. Now I'm not sure about this but... it seems to me that if you send that email to the IOM company and ask for your deeds, the price is fixed at that point?

From your message: "The change will take effect for deeds prepared after 1st March 2019."

Now, they do send you an invoice when you ask for the drafts, but if you're not worried about repaying the loans then I guess you wouldn't be worried about getting billed the £250 fee, either. So you wouldn't be in any worse position if you got the drafts, even if you eventually decided not to pay, but you would have locked into the 5%. Just a thought.

Re the idea of asking them to delete your data... isn't this a bit like asking Barclays to delete your mortgage? I doubt either these 'trustees' or Barclays would comply.

Just to stress I haven't actually got my signed deeds back yet so do take it all with a pinch of salt.
                Happy to see them in court if they insist that I have to pay back the loans. In fact, I very well remember that the contract with Garraway stated that the loan was a 50 year loan so they would anyway have to wait for 50 years to it back.

Certainly do not intend to cough up some ridiculous amount to scammers when I have already paid the tax on that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by contractDudeUK View Post
                  Happy to see them in court if they insist that I have to pay back the loans. In fact, I very well remember that the contract with Garraway stated that the loan was a 50 year loan so they would anyway have to wait for 50 years to it back.

Certainly do not intend to cough up some ridiculous amount to scammers when I have already paid the tax on that amount.
                  Agreed. I hope any future judge agrees too.

Comment

Originally posted by contractDudeUK View Post
                    Well ... the harassment continues ..i just received this email from THL ... Basically they now want 10% instead of 5.

We've previously written to you with an offer from your trustees to write off 95% of your loans.

Most of those who received the offer have taken it up. One consequence of this is that there are now fewer people with loans outstanding. The trustees took a decision yesterday that, in order for the trusts to remain viable, the amounts written off would have to reduce from 95% to 90%. This means that for those who still have outstanding loans, the amount that needs to be repaid will increase from 5% to 10%.

As at yesterday, you were one of those who were yet to respond and are therefore affected by the decision. If you sent in your request for the deeds today, don't worry - you'll still get 95% written off.

The change will take effect for deeds prepared after 1st March 2019. That means that even if you've not yet sent in your request, provided you act now, you can still take full advantage of the opportunity to have 95% of your loans written off.

If you want to be included, please make sure you've read the offer document attached, then send an email (or forward this one) to [email protected], quoting reference XXXXXXXXXX. DOR Resolutions Limited is an Isle of Man company run by representatives of Baker Tilly, an international accounting firm. They will manage your request for the deeds.

DOR Resolutions is very busy with requests due to the pressure HMRC has placed on taxpayers to settle. If you act now, not only will you benefit from the best terms, but you will have the best chance that your deeds will be returned promptly.

Yours sincerely,
                    Trust Help Line

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to respond? I definitely do not want to pay these scammers!
                    That dude is no more than a "nudge" tactic right from the HMRC playbook. Ignore it.

I agree with the others who think Dozy is a little too enthusiastic here.

Comment

The only people to be trusted on CUK(an open forum) are the mods, Graeme and Phil.

If anyone wants a better opinion, join one of the the closed ones. Like LCAG.

Comment

Working...
                      X