• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML 2019 Loan Charge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mr_786
    replied
    Can I wait for Loan Charge 2019?

I have worked out (98% accuracy) that I will be slightly better off in Loan Charge 2019.

Should I still register for settlement and disclose all of my loan to HMRC?

I was just thinking that there is still a chance (slim though) that the Loan Charge does not get applied retrospectively as many MPs have signed the EDM too...

https://www.parliament.uk/edm/2017-19/1239

Leave a comment:

• kentishlad
    replied
    Originally posted by ric_77 View Post
    would you be able to expand on this please, how do you go about raising such request?

sorry not on Linkedin as per the link above
    Please delete if not allowed, but mine was something like this (albeit I havent had all the information I requested). Even email will start of the access request process. The fee is generally no more than 20 quid but some places will provide the information free of charge

Dear Sir or Madam
    Subject access request
    XXXXX
    Please supply the information about me I am entitled to under the Data Protection Act 1998 relating to: our dealings with regards to a Financial Package provided by you Company (A) and you the requestor (B)
    • your personnel file;
    • All emails between ‘A’ and ‘B’ (between xxx and xxx);
    • copies of statements and payment made to A and B (between xxx & xxx)
    • Any scheme number(s) reference(s) submitted to HMRC in relation to the above individual
    • Any contracts entered into/signed between ‘A’ and ‘B’

If you need any more information from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible.
    It may be helpful for you to know that a request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998 should be responded to within 40 days.
    If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you and can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or at ico.org.uk
    Yours faithfully

Leave a comment:

• ric_77
    replied
    Originally posted by Worried 72 View Post
    Sorry for my ignorance, what is a SARS request?

would you be able to expand on this please, how do you go about raising such request?

sorry not on Linkedin as per the link above

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Originally posted by Worried 72 View Post
    Subject Access Request.

Usually based in a piece of legislation.

Leave a comment:

• Worried 72
    replied
    Originally posted by kentishlad View Post
    I sent an email with a SARs request... got my info in 2 days

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by CockneyRed View Post
    ric_77 and all other former AML users struggling to get loan details

I received emails from the following mail account and, with success (and persistence) managed to retrieve all of my loan amounts per month for all years I was with them. They take a while to respond but stick with it and you may just get what you need. PTS not required and no fee to pay

[email protected]
    You can also get your loan amounts by looking at your personal bank account. Each month there will be two or three payments in. the ones marked "Knox House Trust" (or similar) will be loans. You can also tell which ones are "salary" or whatever, as their value will be the same each month.

Do NOT rely on PTS/KHT/AML to provide you with all your loans - remember they are still claiming that loans via Malta don't count.

You are probably best to speak to a tax advisor and get professional help

Leave a comment:

• kentishlad
    replied

I received emails from the following mail account and, with success (and persistence) managed to retrieve all of my loan amounts per month for all years I was with them. They take a while to respond but stick with it and you may just get what you need. PTS not required and no fee to pay

[email protected]
    I sent an email with a SARs request... got my info in 2 days

Leave a comment:

• CockneyRed
    replied
    AML email for loan details

[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• Loan Ranger
    replied
    Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
    I have seen schemes say that the DOTAS number means that they have been "approved" by HMRC, which is completely wrong.
    Yes, I've seen that too.

I know someone who went to a promotional seminar, held by a scheme, and asked the question "is the scheme under investigation by HMRC?" and was told No, whereas the scheme had in fact been under enquiry for 3 years.

There were a lot of untruths and misinformation used to sell these schemes.

Leave a comment:

• Iliketax
    replied
    AML always quoted they were compliant with HRMC, they told me when I signed up for the LTD company option that this is what HMRC have advised to do to stay within their compliance.
    I have seen schemes say that the DOTAS number means that they have been "approved" by HMRC, which is completely wrong.

HMRC tend not to tell people how to side step the tax rules either. While they didn't do much to stop loan schemes before 2009 (a few cases went to the courts but not that much else that i remember), they did say this in August 2009: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nheritance-tax [I know this is dated August 2010 but it was originally published nearly a year before that.]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X