• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finance (No.2) Bill - Have your say [URGENT]

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by regron View Post
    Not really sure what point you are making here to be honest.
    I think the fact the Supreme Court ruling concerning Rangers case, which points the liability at the Employer is the thought behind the previous post. The fact that HMG brought about 2019LC, to help HMRC cover up their utter complicity in the vast expansion of Tax Avoidance Schemes over the last 20yrs, is a tough obstacle to overcome.

Many members of Big Group and Loan Charge Group are on twitter and focusing on bringing this appalling legislation's retrospective application to the attention of MPs, media and Finance Committee members.

Write & meet your MP.
    Use social media like twitter & facebook and inform the wider public.

This not only affects IT contractors/freelancers, there's thousands, like locums, Doctors, Nurses who are affected and as more people become aware, then they need to speak out and fight back.
    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Democracy fail

Public Bill Committee members complaining they did not have enough time to review the public submissions! Due process has been shot to pieces. This is obscene!

"One of the report’s key suggestions, which I have been pursuing in this House, and will continue to, even if I do not win today, is about the fact that the Finance Bill Committee does not take evidence. We have been told that that is due to lack of time, and that scrutiny of the Finance Bill needs to be curtailed and completed in a very short period. However, measures in the Finance Bill are very technical, and we have a short time in Committee. If we added just one extra day, we could take evidence."

"Some of the written evidence submitted to the Committee ​—it was made available very late, I must say; it came yesterday at around 4 pm, which gives us very little time to read a huge amount of evidence—suggested that there are things that need to be changed and that people would like to see tweaked. However, without having oral evidence and being able to interrogate people for it, it is very difficult to weigh up the evidence in the context of the Bill."

"I would go so far as to bet that all Committee members have not read all the written evidence that has been provided. I bet that they have not had time, given that the customs Bill is running at the same time, and the majority of us who are Front-Benching for that Bill are also Front-Benching for today’s Bill."

Kudos to Alison Thewliss, Kirsty Blackman, Peter Dowd, and Dan Carden for speaking up.

Comment

Working...
      X