• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's not only money

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not only money

"It's just money", alright. Except it's not. In many cases, your life savings represent your time of life, your sacrifices, the opportunities you chose not to take.
    in that sense, HMRC and its cynical political masters are robbing you, literally, of your life.
    Moreover, the anger and despair and sense of revolt of most people caught in this heist come hostage situation stem, perhaps, not as much from the fact they're asked to "pay up", but from the crystal clear awareness that the whole thing is a set-up designed to leave them "holding the bag" on their own so that certain elements of HM services and certain corporate entities can get off scot free.
    People may be naïve, but most are not entirely stupid. When you're being fxxed, you know it.
    Last edited by DotasScandal; 4 December 2017, 21:06.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

I'm one of these "running out of options" folks and for me it's about much more than money - if I won the lottery tomorrow and was in position to "pay up", my anger would be intact.
    Last edited by DotasScandal; 4 December 2017, 21:57.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Since DotasScandal obviously feels strongly about this, this thread can be used to discuss the issues DotssScandal raises.

@DotasScandal - keep it out of the sticky please.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
      X