• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AML IOM ~ smartpay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ric_77 View Post
    thanks for the advice, do BIG Group have a number please to call to discuss this further?
    Not sure we can advertise... but send a PM to webberg. He's the main man at Big Group.

MLeggsy

Comment

Independent Advice

Originally posted by MLeggsy View Post
      Not sure we can advertise... but send a PM to webberg. He's the main man at Big Group.

MLeggsy
      In the interest of impartiality - phil@dswtres is also a tax advisor and is available for a chat/email/PM.

So probably best to speak to them both :-)

MLeggsy

Comment

The main issue that seems to determine what my decision on how to resolve this is to do with the loans and the trust. AML state that they will still be active regardless of settling with HMRC so my question is can HMRC confirm that if i was to do that under CLSO would that be the end of the matter?

In simplest terms, why would any of us who were with AML even consider handing over vast sums of tax on a loan yet nobody knows what will happen to them long term?

Comment

The main issue that seems to determine what my decision on how to resolve this is to do with the loans and the trust. AML state that they will still be active regardless of settling with HMRC so my question is can HMRC confirm that if i was to do that under CLSO would that be the end of the matter?

In simplest terms, why would any of us who were with AML even consider handing over vast sums of tax on a loan yet nobody knows what will happen to them long term?

Hi ric_77, This is why you need professional support. Part of any settlement process must be to make it "final", tax liability paid, loans released and IHT position understood. I have no reason to believe that AML will prevent an individual from settling their affairs in full.

MLeggsy

Comment

Phone lines dead

Further to the note on here saying that AML are still contactable, I tried to call them after no reply to several emails.

All phone lines are now dead.

Comment

Phones

Tried this and managed to speak to someone, expecting feedback. T: +44 (0)162 469 2170

Comment

thanks for the info, they have indeed gone very quiet and although they reply to some emails its very basic and vague.

Comment

Playing their cards close to their chest

thanks for the info, they have indeed gone very quiet and although they reply to some emails its very basic and vague.
                  That's the AML way ric_77, they never seem to give anything away and only ever give the minimum responses to my requests. I suppose if they have a plan then why would they advertise it?

MLeggsy

Comment

I first asked for copies of my loan agreement and contract of employment with them from 2010/11 in mid January, always get a response saying that will send over asap but as they had been archived may take a few days, I have chased every week since, this is the response I get each time;

"I have chased for you again today. I do apologise for the delay in getting these documents too you.

I will be in touch as soon as I hear back."

Just how difficult can it be?

Comment

Smart Pay AML

I am in the same boat, do not believe the rubbish they are spinning read [https://w ww.rossmartin.co.uk/investigations/amenstiesdisclosure-opportunties/3049-disguised-remuneration-2017-settlement-opportunity[/url]

I have sort advice from a tax accountant re smart pay AML. I would speak to a tax accountant and assess your liability under the HMRC settlement opportunity.
                      Last edited by cojak; 26 April 2018, 11:00. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Working...
                      X