WTT Consulting
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: WTT Consulting

  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default WTT Consulting

    Hi,

    I have a request for information for a single tax yr using Endeavour... I am no longer resident in UK and my earnings are very limited. I am wondering if someone can PM me and let me know about WTT Consulting and your experience with them? Is it worth I spend 800+vat (this would have to be borrowed) for them to represent me for 12mths. Or I handle the case myself.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    137
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    I haven't needed to use them yet, however Graham has been very helpful when I have approached him on here via PM.

    If you read through other posts on here, most would recommend them.

    Also, it will likely cost you more in the long run to handle things yourself.

  3. #3

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
    I haven't needed to use them yet, however Graham has been very helpful when I have approached him on here via PM.

    If you read through other posts on here, most would recommend them.

    Also, it will likely cost you more in the long run to handle things yourself.
    Thanks WalterWhite. From what I have read on the posts the view seems to be actually conflicted about WTT but perhaps I haven't read all the posts you have. The general consensus is Big Group are the ones to represent my particular case but they are no longer accepting new members. WTT are perhaps the best option til Big Group reopen membership, that is at least what I have ascertained. There seems to be some relationship between
    the two, including CCR group but I haven't actually been able to identify who CCR group actually are, all a bit mysterious.

    Would be great if you could clarify what you mean by 'costing me in the long-run'. You seem to be suggesting that handling my case through WTT could lead to a better outcome. You can PM me in response, if you like. I just have to be cautious as this fee is substantial given my current earnings, I will have to borrow, just want to ensure it is well spent or better spent on the inevitable taxes I may have to pay.

    Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by tmckenna; 24th February 2017 at 09:55.

  4. #4

    Should post faster


    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    137
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    7
    Likes (Given)
    4
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tmckenna View Post
    Thanks WalterWhite. From what I have read on the posts the view seems to be actually conflicted about WTT but perhaps I haven't read all the posts you have. The general consensus is Big Group are the ones to represent my particular case but they are no longer accepting new members. WTT are perhaps the best option til Big Group reopen membership, that is at least what I have ascertained. There seems to be some relationship between
    the two, including CCR group but I haven't actually been able to identify who CCR group actually are, all a bit mysterious.

    Would be great if you could clarify what you mean by 'costing me in the long-run'. You seem to be suggesting that handling my case through WTT could lead to a better outcome. You can PM me in response, if you like. I just have to be cautious as this fee is substantial given my current earnings, I will have to borrow, just want to ensure it is well spent or better spent on the inevitable taxes I may have to pay.

    Thank you for your time.
    I think WTT and Big Group are the same? I may be wrong though. I am sure Graham will be along to confirm

    As for costing you more, my assumption is you (like all of us) aren't experts in this field and therefore will not know the appropriate way to deal with HMRC's tactics

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DotasScandal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,127
    Thanks (Given)
    132
    Thanks (Received)
    115
    Likes (Given)
    1341
    Likes (Received)
    361

    Default

    Big Group is a collective to which WTT Consulting provide advisory services and logistics.
    There is no secret made about it, it's right there in the name www.wttbiggroup.co.uk

  6. #6

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DotasScandal View Post
    Big Group is a collective to which WTT Consulting provide advisory services and logistics.
    There is no secret made about it, it's right there in the name www.wttbiggroup.co.uk
    Thanks Dotasscandal, that clears that up. Still not sure who CCR Group is but I'll table that for now.

  7. #7

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    WTT Consulting Ltd - London and online
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks (Given)
    27
    Thanks (Received)
    300
    Likes (Given)
    72
    Likes (Received)
    542

    Default

    As Mr Scandal said, WTT Consulting advises WTT Big Group and provides logistical support.

    CCR Group is a member only group of users of the Network One, Quantum, Endeavour and Fairfax arrangements.

    WTT Consulting acts as a paid adviser to the group but doe snot provide logistical support.

    WTT Consulting is a specialist tax advisory firm. We have an in depth knowledge of contractor arrangements. We do not have any special relationship with HMRC, no route to achieving some sort of horse trading deal and no access that is peculiar to us which might force HMRC/HMG into a deal.

    We do have an idea we developed with Big Group (and as such belongs to them). That idea is being executed now and that is why the group is temporarily closed.

    We will reopen the group in April. We do NOT have a solid plan for settling the position post 6th April 2017. we have some ideas that we have hopes for but that is it for the moment.

    You need to think about what you wish to do in terms of the tax enquiry and be realistic about it.

    HMRC are not going to cut you a special deal.

    They will litigate matters and cases which have been few and far between until now will start appearing more frequently. Those may help or hinder. You will though need to keep abreast of them.

    There is new legislation, most importantly the 2019 charge. That may yet be amended to exclude some of the more controversial elements but it will (in my opinion) arrive and will be a line in the sand.

    You will have to make a judgement about whether WTT can help. I am hardly an unbiased commentator on this. Read the forum though and exchange views.

  8. #8

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    7
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webberg View Post
    As Mr Scandal said, WTT Consulting advises WTT Big Group and provides logistical support.

    CCR Group is a member only group of users of the Network One, Quantum, Endeavour and Fairfax arrangements.

    WTT Consulting acts as a paid adviser to the group but doe snot provide logistical support.

    WTT Consulting is a specialist tax advisory firm. We have an in depth knowledge of contractor arrangements. We do not have any special relationship with HMRC, no route to achieving some sort of horse trading deal and no access that is peculiar to us which might force HMRC/HMG into a deal.

    We do have an idea we developed with Big Group (and as such belongs to them). That idea is being executed now and that is why the group is temporarily closed.

    We will reopen the group in April. We do NOT have a solid plan for settling the position post 6th April 2017. we have some ideas that we have hopes for but that is it for the moment.

    You need to think about what you wish to do in terms of the tax enquiry and be realistic about it.

    HMRC are not going to cut you a special deal.

    They will litigate matters and cases which have been few and far between until now will start appearing more frequently. Those may help or hinder. You will though need to keep abreast of them.

    There is new legislation, most importantly the 2019 charge. That may yet be amended to exclude some of the more controversial elements but it will (in my opinion) arrive and will be a line in the sand.

    You will have to make a judgement about whether WTT can help. I am hardly an unbiased commentator on this. Read the forum though and exchange views.
    Thanks webberg, I didn't expect any tax adviser to have a special relationship with HMRC... In regards to 2019 legislation I think that applies to loans from what I have ascertained and I don't think that my case falls into this criteria. I was with Endeavour for a total of 3mths and was issued dividends during that time. I will go with WTT in the hopes that their experience can at least help me avoid making mistakes. Thanks again.

  9. #9

    TripleIronDad

    BrilloPad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Divorce Courts
    Posts
    98,026
    Thanks (Given)
    23131
    Thanks (Received)
    6059
    Likes (Given)
    23131
    Likes (Received)
    10259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliksaeed View Post
    I dont think they are that much specialist firm. Only formed in 2015 two years ago and before that the profile of Gram shows he has been in advisory jobs but not in taxation. They tend to say that they will form an action group or mght have formed one but that makes no difference unless they file a petition in high court in order to restrict HMRC on issuing further notices or APN. Due to the recent win of HMRC in Rangers Case everyone is scared as everyone was relying on the outcome of that case. I would say better safe than sorry. I talked to <mod snip> this spammer was the accountant who talks to himself< / mod snip> . He scared the hell out of me. All in same boat but if you need to get a depth knowledge try him.
    There is an action group. And they are making a difference. There are other ways to proceed without filing a petition.

    If you read the Rangers threads, you will see that the Rangers "win" for HMRC was actually a "loss" for them! It can be taken both ways.

    What does "I would say better safe than sorry" mean?

    Why did the Birmingham chap scare the hell out of you? What did he suggest to move forward?
    I keep pushing forwards but they keep pushing me backwards. So I have new rules. 1. Don't feed the trolls you know they have no souls. 2. Don't respond to them they'll only post back back again. 3. Don't be their friend they'll only knife you in the back. I have new rules I count them.

  10. #10

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    WTT Consulting Ltd - London and online
    Posts
    1,665
    Thanks (Given)
    27
    Thanks (Received)
    300
    Likes (Given)
    72
    Likes (Received)
    542

    Default

    I'm not sure I understand the points that the OP is making.

    I assume that I am the "Gram" indicated and that the gentleman has viewed my LinkedIn profile.

    There is nothing to hide there.

    I have worked at HMRC (3 years), private practices (7 years), Barclays (12 years), RBS (7 years), Future Capital Partners (7 years). I was a few months at a firm called Rebus (now bust) and then we formed WTT in March 2015.

    My time at RBS/Future Capital Partners was as a tax planner. The latter in particular involved advising professional firms about how to deal with HMRC enquiry (amongst other things).

    It is obvious that I am gamekeeper, turned poacher, turned born again adviser. I have seen both sides of the equation and I know where I want to be.

    I started taking an interest in contractor arrangements around 2009. This was mainly because I was vain enough to think that I could "do it better" at that time. Around 2014 I became more interested because I was made redundant and was looking for something to do. At FCP and Rebus I came into contact with people whose life's had been ruined by tax planning that failed.

    Following my departure from Rebus, I decided that I wanted to use my skills to help contractors. Not entirely altruistic motives. I saw a large body of people whose only source of information was HMRC, an adviser who was used mainly for routine compliance, a promoter who had a vested interest in arriving at a position that did not see them liable. I decided that the area would be open to somebody who could pick apart complex tax schemes, knew how HMRC operated in that space and I had a few ideas about how to find an answer.

    So yes, WTT formed in March 2015 and we seek settlement. The experience behind the firm is a lot more than 2 and half years though.

    If you want legal action, go to a lawyer. They will happily do something for you and charge appropriately.

    Our fee model is to share the cost of professional time over as many people as we can so that all can have access to what we do for a reasonable sum.

    However at the end of the day, it's you own judgment that counts and all I can do is lay out who and what we are.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.