• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really?

I have a client who was asked for tax returns for a couple of years.

Rather than pay my rates for doing that (sensible) he asked the accountants who put him into the scheme to do them.

These returns have absolutely no mention of loans.

I had him query that position in light of known HMRC activity. If nothing else a mention in the white space is required to protect from possible penalties as the client is already on notice from HMRC.

The accountants report that the return is correct because there is no need to report loans!!

So now I have to spend time doing their job for them.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Originally posted by webberg View Post
    I have a client who was asked for tax returns for a couple of years.

Rather than pay my rates for doing that (sensible) he asked the accountants who put him into the scheme to do them.

These returns have absolutely no mention of loans.

I had him query that position in light of known HMRC activity. If nothing else a mention in the white space is required to protect from possible penalties as the client is already on notice from HMRC.

The accountants report that the return is correct because there is no need to report loans!!

So now I have to spend time doing their job for them.
    And many think Chartered Accountants are reputable and trustworthy too, and people wonder why many of us were conned onto schemes in the first place. It's disgusting how some bad apples have blackened the Accountancy profession.
    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
      And many think Chartered Accountants are reputable and trustworthy too, and people wonder why many of us were conned onto schemes in the first place. It's disgusting how some bad apples have blackened the Accountancy profession.
      do you mean to say we have to explicitly "on the other comments section" say that the benefit in kind was a loan?

or are you saying the benefit in kind wasn't declared at all?

I have joined BG btw.

Comment

Working...
      X