• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Notice of Assessment APSE Consulting Ltd

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raceday
    replied
    Hi administrators - I have been reading comments on this thread and would like to pm a couple of members since I am in a similar situation. pls could you grant access for me to do that?

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Originally posted by phil@dswtres View Post
    Unfortunately, this is what’s going to happen.
    Not so sure this bit is correct, now that we have been retrospectively hit by 2019 LC:

Whilst there is some chance of getting out of repaying HMRC for schemes you were in before the end of 2010....

Leave a comment:

• jbryce
    replied
    Speak to WTT. They've quite a few people who are going through the same pain.

Main points:
    1. HMRC are chasing this scheme (I've have had over 100 questions from them now).
    2. I think APSE were prevented from liquidating by HMRC, so HMRC (at last) are going for the providers.
    3. Buckingham Wealth, who stand behind this, WILL fight HMRC. They have a lot of clients who are not IT contractors and have a lot of the skin the game.
    4. APSE/Lutea/BW fight is not your fight. Cooperate fully with HMRC to avoid fines.

Leave a comment:

• phil@pmtc
    replied
    Originally posted by Nosher View Post
    Whatever you say to HMRC they will tell you that the scheme did not work and that you must provide full details of your earnings which will be taxed. They will tell you that if you don't help they will decide how much you owe based on what you earned in previous years or on what average contractor rates are. However you cut it in the end they will send you a demand for all the tax you avoided and if you don't pav they will ratchet up the pressure with fines and threats. Whilst there is some chance of getting out of repaying HMRC for schemes you were in before the end of 2010 anything after that, when the principal of disguised remuneration was established in law, you will end up having to pay so I would recommend speaking to HMRC and getting as much time as possible to raise the cash. Do not believe the scheme providers when they tell you crap about how their scheme was bullet proof.

Unfortunately, this is what’s going to happen.

Leave a comment:

• Lenfant
    replied
    HMRC Notice of Assessment APSE Consulting Ltd

Hi, I'm in the same situation and would really like some advice. Can I please PM you WW?

Leave a comment:

• Delendog
    replied
    Originally posted by PRINCEWALL View Post
    Hi,

I have also received a similar letter for my trust arrangement with MW solutions which was arranged and set up by Imagen - any recommendations of who to take advise that is independant?

I want to ensure I have a second opinion as I am being investigated for 3 years and being told by the trust advisors that everything is being managed by them and I do not need to worry - but I am!!
    I joined Big Group in April 2016 after getting a DA for my involvement with APSE. If there is nothing to worry about why has Imagen and MW solutions been put into liquidation by the Directors! WTT (firm behind BG) have all the details of APSE and I would expect MW Solutions as well.

Leave a comment:

• PRINCEWALL
    replied
    HMRC letter received today

Hi,

I have also received a similar letter for my trust arrangement with MW solutions which was arranged and set up by Imagen - any recommendations of who to take advise that is independant?

I want to ensure I have a second opinion as I am being investigated for 3 years and being told by the trust advisors that everything is being managed by them and I do not need to worry - but I am!!

Leave a comment:

• WizzyWag
    replied
    Same boat ....

Originally posted by rosmat View Post
    Hi, please could you can allow me access. I'd like to contact WalterWhite as he is in the same situation as me, and I am hoping he can provide some insight.

Thanks
    Please could I have the same access to make contact with Walter also? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• welshspeaker
    replied
    Admin for PM Access

Hi Could I please have permission to PM Walter White. He has been helping others with the same problems as me. Many thanks

Leave a comment:

• welshspeaker
    replied
    Letter from HMRC re Via Trade

Hi this is a message for Walter White. I have just received a letter from HMRC re Via Trade and I am very anxious. I can see you have been helping others in connection with this. Is there any advice you can give me. Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

Working...
X