• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Montpelier & Newquay 10% loan repayment demands

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Out Of Cash View Post
    There does not appear to be any group specifically set up to organise an coordinate rebuffing these loan repayment demands from a certain IOM scheme promoter yet!

(This is a separate issue to the looming HMRC attack on users of this very same scheme).

I'm guessing the few people who have mention receiving these demands is just the tip of the iceberg.

For me this would amount to me having to repay very large amounts of money as I suspect it would for many others.

Currently I have not yet received a demand, but I feel certain it will happen and when it does there is very short time ~30 days to act.

It makes sense to me that all involved with this type of scheme from this promoter should act together to get a professional legal opinion, sooner rather then later.

(It may well be too late for those on the 30 day clock, having already received a demand)

Of course this will take a bit of money and organisation to organise, the more people that club together the cheaper the cost.

I was hoping it might be possible to set up poll on this forum to gauge who would be interested in joining such a group, does anyone know how to go about that?

Personally I see this as extremely URGENT, even compared to the looming HMRC attack on the same scheme.

At the moment I feel all is lost unless we all club together and organise, for me it will be the end of everything.

Let me know what you thinking and if anyone else is worried ... please?

Thanks
    ooc

So it would seem my feeling is correct this scheme promoter appears to be going after everyone

For those not currently in NTRT TAA, Big Group appear to be seeking legal opinion in this area now .... so unless anyone knows of any other options BG appears to be my only way forward. BG seems quite good from reading the website ... hopefully it will work out well.

I suppose given time some more groups might start appearing.

ooc
    Last edited by Out Of Cash; 20 April 2016, 18:07.
    ooc

Comment

I think there is no time left for a new group to form to a) be effective and b) get respect

to my mind its BIG group or one man and his dog

.... NTRT was formed out of CUK ... its was all the forum friendly folks and many many lurkers watching over years.

All those low hanging forum fruit are now with NTRT and/or BIG group.

The other contractors clearly aren't bothered with forums esp CUK as it has its 'quirks' and have their heads in the sand .... some will google and find this weblink and navigate to BIG group ... but other will just dig deeper in the sand or perhaps even pay the demands !!

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
        I think there is no time left for a new group to form to a) be effective and b) get respect

to my mind its BIG group or one man and his dog

.... NTRT was formed out of CUK ... its was all the forum friendly folks and many many lurkers watching over years.

All those low hanging forum fruit are now with NTRT and/or BIG group.

The other contractors clearly aren't bothered with forums esp CUK as it has its 'quirks' and have their heads in the sand .... some will google and find this weblink and navigate to BIG group ... but other will just dig deeper in the sand or perhaps even pay the demands !!

Yes thinking about it, I guess you're probably right

The only significant change that could happen, is that NTRT open up a group/sub group to address the loan scheme to new members ....

ooc
        ooc

Comment

Originally posted by Out Of Cash View Post
          Yes thinking about it, I guess you're probably right

The only significant change that could happen, is that NTRT open up a group/sub group to address the loan scheme to new members ....

ooc

I am part of NTRT and the consensus is that we will NOT open a subgroup for the loan scheme ...we are joining forces with BIG group ...there is toooooo much overlap with all the other IOM schemes and HMRC's common approach for it to make sense for us to work in parallel with two sets of legal beagles.

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            I am part of NTRT and the consensus is that we will NOT open a subgroup for the loan scheme ...we are joining forces with BIG group ...there is toooooo much overlap with all the other IOM schemes and HMRC's common approach for it to make sense for us to work in parallel with two sets of legal beagles.
            Thank you, myself and I'm sure many others can move forward now.

Cheers
            ooc
            ooc

Comment

A reminder that no-one has to pay WG. The basis upon which the 10% requested is questionable. It will have no impact upon HMRC demands. They may well be out of time. The are almost certainly unenforceable on the main land.

You have to ask if you will see that 10% again.

I still hope that WG will register and answer these points.

IMPORTANT : DO NOT ENGAGE WITH WG DIRECTLY.

Comment

Just in case there is any confusion...

NTRT are not dealing with the loan schemes.

Comment

Got my Hazelmere/Ronsard 10% demand this morning.
                  I have nothing to compare with, but this is a two pager explaining why making occasional repayments is apparently a good idea (yeah right )
                  Is this a softening of the ask, perhaps influenced by the outcry on these forums?
                  The final sentence invites me to call DawnB if I wish to discuss. fat lot of good that will do.

Comment

To be clear, you are advised to have no contact with Montpelier. Joining BigGroup is the way forward.

I had a nice phone call with "Out Of Cash" earlier. I was able to pass on all the facts that cannot be posted here.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      To be clear, you are advised to have no contact with Montpelier. Joining BigGroup is the way forward.

I had a nice phone call with "Out Of Cash" earlier. I was able to pass on all the facts that cannot be posted here.....
                      Sorry to be ignorant but whats this BigGroup on about? they charge monthly fee but what benefit does it give?
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X