• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New charge on outstanding disguised remuneration loans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    As far as I recall, PCG/IPSE has never publicly had a view on tax avoidance schemes? I imagine the majority of the members would object if any resources were expended in that direction?
    You are assuming. Many members of IPSE are Ltd contractors gone "contractor scheme" gone Ltd again.
    IPSE has to represent the views of all its members, therefore at minimum some commentary would be appropriate. At the moment, all IPSE is doing is ignoring the elephant in the room, and being awkward.
    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
      You are assuming. Many members of IPSE are Ltd contractors gone "contractor scheme" gone Ltd again.
      IPSE has to represent the views of all its members, therefore at minimum some commentary would be appropriate. At the moment, all IPSE is doing is ignoring the elephant in the room, and being awkward.
      Yes, I am fully aware of the likely background to ex scheme users. As you say, some will be members at IPSE. Though, I suspect a fairly small minority. I know when a couple of members complained about lack of policy over the divi tax, they were shouted down and put in their place. I think it likely a similar response awaits ex scheme users should they put their head above the parapet. I am currently a IPSE member, but I don't agree with a good many of the decisions they make. Besides, once all contracts are PAYE, as they will be soon, IPSE fades into insignificance.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        It would be hard to disagree with that view.

I would also observe that IPSE is curiously silent on the major impact to contractors in this budget.

Of all the times that contractors need leadership and strength as a body it's NOW to fight this unjust proposal and there is nothing from the self proclaimed head of the profession.
        The only real games in town are NTRT and big group.

No one gives a damn about IPSE.

And I bet there are a lot of IPSE forum posts gloating in other peoples misery .....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

And I bet there are a lot of IPSE forum posts gloating in other peoples misery .....
          That's very sad to read. How others can be so unsympathetic and derogatory is terribly sad. People do need to realise that many took professional advice and with the benefit of hindsight would have run a mile from the scheme providers. Anyway I do believe in Karma, and bad deeds and thoughts will be repaid to those who show such bad feelings to to others plight.
          Last edited by LandRover; 18 March 2016, 16:53.
          http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

As far as I recall, PCG/IPSE has never publicly had a view on tax avoidance schemes? I imagine the majority of the members would object if any resources were expended in that direction?
            I suspect more than ine IPSE member is caught up in the debacle so would have thought that they would have at least wanted to flog their ATE insurance?
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
              That's very sad to read. How others can be so unsympathetic and derogatory is terribly sad. People do need to realise that many too professional advice and with the benefit of hindsight would have run a mile from the scheme providers. Anyway I do believe in Karma, and bad deeds and thoughts will be repaid to those who show such bad feelings to to others plight.
              When I joined PCG in 2008 I was shocked to find a nasty thread started by a PCG director. Who is also a well known poster here. I complained - nothing was done.

Whenever he posts here I launch vicious attacks - as much as I can without getting banned.

I don't believe in Karma. Its nonsense.

Sadly I think that HMRC will eventually attack all contractors. I don't wish it on any of them. At least while I keep taking my tablets.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

No, I lurk most days for a quick look. Never seen anything there. TBH, there's rarely more than half a dozen new threads there anyway. Most of the posting comes from those who seem to consider the organisation their own private fiefdom and outsiders are tolerated rather than welcomed, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
                  I suspect more than ine IPSE member is caught up in the debacle so would have thought that they would have at least wanted to flog their ATE insurance?
                  I don't think IPSE want anything to do with tax avoidance, whether members are victims or not.

Comment

I don't think IPSE want anything to do with tax avoidance, whether members are victims or not.
                    It's just how HMRC and HMT like it...divided and splintered groups are weak and offer little resistance.
                    http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Well I've asked them outright on their forum. If they aren't going to speak up or support then I'll simply cancel my subs as they are useless to me.

Comment

Working...
                      X