• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm coming to the conclusion...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sl4 View Post
    While this galls me to say, life was actually better under Tony Blair.

I'll never vote Tory again. You can argue that they are just cleaning up Labour's mess, but the way they have gone about it makes you think that you're living in North Korea.

The principal of innocent until proven guilty has under pinned English law for centuries. The Magna Carter was all about the crown not being able to appropriate private assets for its own purpose.
    Problem is who would you vote for? They all want more tax, not less. Scummy b@st@rds.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas View Post
      Problem is who would you vote for? They all want more tax, not less. Scummy b@st@rds.
      “If voting made any difference they wouldn't let us do it.” - Mark Twain
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Pay back time.

Vote to leave EU will get Cameron sacked and Osborne demoted, and perhaps new faces at the top may bring about a more sensible & pragmatic approach?
        http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
          Pay back time.

Vote to leave EU will get Cameron sacked and Osborne demoted, and perhaps new faces at the top may bring about a more sensible & pragmatic approach?
          No. You still don't understand do you.

HMRC run the government.

Comment

Pay back time.

knowing our luck Gauke will get promoted

Comment

Gauke is with the 'In' camp so brexit is more likely to spell demotion for him.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleCry View Post
                Gauke is with the 'In' camp so brexit is more likely to spell demotion for him.
                Count on him to turn into a fanatical OUT supporter the instant he feels his career is threatened. it's not as if Gauke was stranger to dramatic, puzzling U-turns.
                Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  No. You still don't understand do you.

HMRC run the government.
                  I kind of think even HMRC couldn't dream up the vindictive legislation that was announced in Budget.

Gauke & Osborne are driving all this and HMRC are the enforcers. IMO.

In Gauke & Osborne we have two Psychopaths who are all out to trample over British Law and bring about the destruction of thousands in their merciless retrospective legislation.
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

I kind of think even HMRC couldn't dream up the vindictive legislation that was announced in Budget.

Gauke & Osborne are driving all this and HMRC are the enforcers. IMO.

In Gauke & Osborne we have two Psychopaths who are all out to trample over British Law and bring about the destruction of thousands in their merciless retrospective legislation.
                    Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Having been through the mill with f4j, when S58 came along I knew discussion would not work. NTRT fought hard - but finally discovered that discussion gets you nowhere.

Carry on going down that path if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Of course you are entitled to your opinion.

Having been through the mill with f4j, when S58 came along I knew discussion would not work. NTRT fought hard - but finally discovered that discussion gets you nowhere.

Carry on going down that path if you want.
                      Experience to date means I can only agree with you entirely. It's unlikely there was ever any intention for sensible engagement by HMRC. The only chance of fighting this will be in the courts, and one will have to be prepared to start out expecting to go all the way to the Supreme Court.

Comment

Working...
                      X